Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-01-2010, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Indiana-permits 4 Solicitation

After reading so much on here about permits for solicitation (door hangers), I have been trying to call for Marion and Johnson County and have not had any one yet to tell me that I had to have one....Now I'm not talking about touching mailboxes, just hanging door hangers on doors.

Has anyone found out anything about this for these two counties in Indiana?

Thanks....
Old 03-01-2010, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There is a good possibility they don’t make you have the permit and that’s why you can’t find anything about it. I think you contacted me via a private message but not sure? Anyway, there are 4 little towns around me and 1 very large city. Out of 5 places only 2 require the permit.

It is what it is......

Check out some of our manicuring http://sangerlawncareplus.com/Site%202/Photos%202.html
Old 03-01-2010, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SangerLawn View Post
There is a good possibility they don’t make you have the permit and that’s why you can’t find anything about it. I think you contacted me via a private message but not sure? Anyway, there are 4 little towns around me and 1 very large city. Out of 5 places only 2 require the permit.
Yes, your right, that was me who sent you the private message. I talked to a guy on the phone from Marion county, INDY, he said that he did not think so, but it is that what makes me concerned, "He thinks" Now what do I do when he is wrong and I get into trouble LOL....

I am still waiting to hear back from Johnson county...

After reading what you posted, I just wanted to make sure and cover myself LOL...
Old 03-01-2010, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Typically, at least around here, you don't need to have any permits unless you are doing door-to-door sales. You are just going door-to-door putting out door hangers, nothing wrong with that.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 03-01-2010, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerbrad View Post
Typically, at least around here, you don't need to have any permits unless you are doing door-to-door sales. You are just going door-to-door putting out door hangers, nothing wrong with that.
In our area they deemed flyers as trash because of all the people just slinging flyers around. Now, in some cities, you have to buy a permit in order to pass out flyers. I am already getting crap from other companies in my front lawn. These cities told me that a lot of cities are starting to do this also.

It is what it is......

Check out some of our manicuring http://sangerlawncareplus.com/Site%202/Photos%202.html