Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-01-2010, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Good deal? 2001 Toro Proline 44in CWB DUAL Hydro

Im looking to buy a first year star up commercial mower. I have come across a 2001 Toro proline, 44 inch walk behind, dual hydro, with sulky and bagger, 900 hours, 15hp Kawasaki, floating deck, for $2200. Good deal, good mower, yes no what should I do? Is this year/model reliable even at 900 hours? Is the price right? Is there anywhere to bluebook mower values online?
Old 03-01-2010, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Also, how long does the average engine last? How much do they cost to replace? Is it possible this mower still has the original engine on it?
Old 03-01-2010, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

2001 Prolines were some of the best older WB's ever made IMO. Try talking him down to 1900-2000 and you'll have yourself a deal! As for engines, it varies too much. It is very possible that is the original engine, and probable that it will work well for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgshopboss View Post
Definitely the best horse I have ever hitched my wagon to.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnabelLawnCare View Post
2001 Prolines were some of the best older WB's ever made IMO. Try talking him down to 1900-2000 and you'll have yourself a deal! As for engines, it varies too much. It is very possible that is the original engine, and probable that it will work well for you.
The dealer today told me that the company that owned it before had it serviced on time everytime, and that they have all service records to prove it. Looked at it today, seemed nice to me. Im worried that Ill have to replace the engine, and thanks to google that looks like it would cost 2 grand by itself (correct me if im wrong, please). Off topic a little, but is it hard to mow riding on the sulky? I never have and just feel like the wheel marks will mess up my lines lol, and that I'd be crossing over into neighbors yards on turns.