Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-02-2010, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS0219 View Post
My phone is ringing already and the ad hasent started yet. Goes in the BEE thursday.
yeah I always see your add. I don't think I'm going to spring for the front page add, prob just go a good sized one under the Lawn Section for a month and if it goes well I'll put it in for another month.

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 03-02-2010, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The bee is the way to go. Dont waste your time with the metro. With the bee you get better leads, metro you get lots and lots of tire kickers and dreamers. Plus the bee is less expensive and very nice to deal with.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
The bee is the way to go. Dont waste your time with the metro. With the bee you get better leads, metro you get lots and lots of tire kickers and dreamers. Plus the bee is less expensive and very nice to deal with.
Yeah I talked to someone yesterday on the phone and they seemed very nice. The only thing I'm worried about is I'm gonna end up picking up lawns all over the place and end up doing more driving than mowing. I don't want to turn anything down because I'm still new and will take all the business I can get (for a price of course haha)...we'll see I guess

My Pictures:
Old 03-03-2010, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Wow it was cool to go through that thread and see so many guys from WNY i never knew of. This will be my first year and im sure i will see many of you out on the road, Mikeri, just like you i also will be taking any business i can even if it means i gotta drive. I figure id rather have to drive and make a little cash and get my name out there instead of turning it down and maybe losing potential business. I too look ed at the bee this winter for some spring advertising.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What I use to do in my ad was put under Weekly lawn mowng Serving Depew, Lancaster, Cheektowaga area. keeps the out of service area people from calling or should i say most from calling. Nothing worse than trying to explain why you dont service the city of buffalo.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, just took delivery of my new mower and trailer...very exciting! The mower is a Lesco 36" with a 13hp Kawasaki. Its in AMAZING shape, just needs a new recoil (which is trivial), and the trailer is a 2009 Sure-Trac 7x12. Also thrown in is a picture of my Toro 21" that I resurrected over the winter, just picked up a bag for it yesterday and it just needs a chute and it will also be ready to go. I'm excited to FINALLY have a trailer and I can start modifying it the way I want it.
Attached Images

My Pictures:
Old 03-03-2010, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I love the over spray on the garage floor. Looks like my old shop. Our new place everything is on card board. That suck co is in nice shape. IMO thats the only mower lesco ever made right.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I love the over spray on the garage floor. Looks like my old shop. Our new place everything is on card board. That suck co is in nice shape. IMO thats the only mower lesco ever made right.
hahaha yeah I used to be really meticulous about the carpet when I first put it in and my Mustang was in there. then once the Mustang started leaking crap all over I stopped caring. My Jeep is in there now and I'll be re-carpeting this summer or maybe do lack and white chekerboard tile.

Its also funny cuz I REALLY do not like Lescos and now I have 2 of them. The first one was a great deal that I couldn't pass up and I needed a decent mower to start out with, and this one just kinda fell into my lap. Oh well hopefully this 36" will last me a while, the 48" I am going to try to nurse through ONE more season, or at least until June or July.

My Pictures:
Old 03-03-2010, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. Good luck this season
Old 03-03-2010, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

dont get me started on lesco. I got 2 piles of $%@! from them.