Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-03-2010, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH401 View Post
Not to mention that theirs about a 10 year age difference between your 6.0 and his 12 valve, which obviously is going to heavily effect performance. And his 5.9 must not be that bad if he's still driving it 14 years later.

Wow, a Dodge that has lasted 14 years in BC, who'da thought we'd ever see that day.
Like I said the truck has 230,000 kilometers (143,000 miles) my brother is the second owner. Truck belonged to a old guy bought it brandnew my brother bought it 4 years ago and has put about 100,000kms (62,000 miles) on it.

Right now my brother can't put a load on it and rev past 2000 rpm it bogs out and gets air in the fuel system then stalls. Put 2500-3000lbs in the box of the truck and it barely climbs hills at 40km/h (25 mph). Transmission is shifting up down it constantly trying to maintain any speed. So he knows its transmission time. The injection pump needs replacing aswell.

The thing that has saved the truck was it never spent any time in road salt for 80% of its life most trucks in that year are rusted out.

As I said once the transmission craps out in the Dodge my brother will put his spare truck back on the road which is a Ford with a 7.3 Powerstroke.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post

My brothers POS Dodge he puts 2500lbs of weight on the back the truck barely moves. .
Really? Come on dude.