Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-05-2010, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you would have read my post they are just like my old ones now, they match perfect. Dont ask me why they were that way. Thats why I changed them and used the old ones to match to. And also retempered them!!
Old 03-05-2010, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

looks aren't everything. they can look the same but operate 100% differently.

it's your choice and you've already done the damage but i wouldn't have done it in the first place.

curious why you changed them in the first place??? did they not provide a quality cut. who gives a sheot what they look like as long as they provide a quality cut and are easy to sharpen.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
looks aren't everything. they can look the same but operate 100% differently.

it's your choice and you've already done the damage but i wouldn't have done it in the first place.

curious why you changed them in the first place??? did they not provide a quality cut. who gives a sheot what they look like as long as they provide a quality cut and are easy to sharpen.

I wouldn't bother, sounds like he has it all figured out.

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 03-05-2010, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No I dont have it figured out you guys have. I just told you what I done and how tuff the blades are. And they were suppose to be like the old ones and NOW are and I did like the cut of the old ones.
None of you have ever changed anything, everything that comes from the factory is always right. Nothing is ever wrong on your new mowers or anything new you buy.
If this old world operated under those terms we would still be in a buggy on dirt roads.
Ive made mistakes and try not to. Built my own race cars and mtrs and welded all my tube chassis up and try to think things thru before doing something.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSide Cutter View Post
No I dont have it figured out you guys have. I just told you what I done and how tuff the blades are. And they were suppose to be like the old ones and NOW are and I did like the cut of the old ones.
None of you have ever changed anything, everything that comes from the factory is always right. Nothing is ever wrong on your new mowers or anything new you buy.
If this old world operated under those terms we would still be in a buggy on dirt roads.
Ive made mistakes and try not to. Built my own race cars and mtrs and welded all my tube chassis up and try to think things thru before doing something.
difference being that the changes are all done by experts who test things in a safe environment before releasing it to the public.

how are you gonna test those blades for strength in a safe environment where nothing can get hit, person or property?

bet you didn't think of that. you were gonna put those blades on the mower and go to town mowing. well what if the blades shattered and pieces came flying out everywhere. you could throw them pieces through windows, at people, pets, etc.

leave the tinker to the experts is always been my motto.

and again why make the change in the first place based on looks if the blades cut just fine. if the quality of cut sucked i can see wanting to change them but if they cut good who cares what they look like.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

everyone here is telling you it was a bad idea for reason, we aint trying to be a holes, but without machines to check things, those blades are prob not the same now, weaker and not balanced well. you are pushing your luck and safety man