Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-07-2010, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Custom Landscape Concepts, LLC

Hey guys, I've been on this site for a while and never got around to posting any pics so I am digging up photos of the equipment and some of our work and will be posting them. I'm 21, been in business for 3 years and will finally be graduating college in a few months so I will have lot more time to devote to the business.

This is the new trailer we just bought and behind it is the dump trailer that was just sold yesterday to make room for a new dump truck.

These are some pictures of my truck. Its a 1999 Silverado with 130,000 on it but it has proven to be a good workhorse over the past few years.

These 2 are of the back of my Western Tornado sander. I had to build the metal rack to carry my small snow blower as the condo complex we take care of has a fair amount of walkways to clear.

I will post pics of the shop and equipment soon as I can find them or go take new ones.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks nice, an welcome to the forums!
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 03-07-2010, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Truck and trailers look real nice everything in nice shape. Why are you switching from a dump trailer to a dump truck? Just wondering
Old 03-07-2010, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks guys. I'm switching to the dump truck because the trailer was just too heavy to tow with the pickup with the gas motor. I loved the trailer with the high sides and a custom cover with leaf sucker setup but around here the hills are just too much to tow without a diesel truck. So I reluctantly sold the trailer yesterday and now I have to start from scratch with a new truck, leaf box, and suck system. Hopefully it pays off but I'm pumped to have 2 trucks in the fleet, as it is going to make my life a lot easier.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Member

you must be loaded
Old 03-07-2010, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Landscape Concepts View Post
Thanks guys. I'm switching to the dump truck because the trailer was just too heavy to tow with the pickup with the gas motor. I loved the trailer with the high sides and a custom cover with leaf sucker setup but around here the hills are just too much to tow without a diesel truck. So I reluctantly sold the trailer yesterday and now I have to start from scratch with a new truck, leaf box, and suck system. Hopefully it pays off but I'm pumped to have 2 trucks in the fleet, as it is going to make my life a lot easier.
That makes sense some of the gas engines just dont have what it takes. I am trying to get a dump truck to would be nice for just about everything. Good luck with the dump looking forward to the pics.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

stuff looks great man, welcome to the forums.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 03-07-2010, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Sweet pics man
Old 03-07-2010, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpeg lawn maintenance View Post
That makes sense some of the gas engines just dont have what it takes. I am trying to get a dump truck to would be nice for just about everything. Good luck with the dump looking forward to the pics.
Yea that is true for sure. The chevy has the 6.0 V8 and plenty of power for the lighter weight trailers like that new landscape trailer we just got. Its geared low and sucks down some fuel but can do some towing. That said, the dump trailer was 4600lbs empty weight so just pulling it around town i was getting about 7 mpg. Put a load of topsoil or a few yards of stone in there and try going up the hill, that was tough stuff and I wasn't ready to replace the transmission on that truck haha.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have the same trailers's they are very nice, also very well built. also how do you like that western spreader? i was thinking of getting a couple of them. would you prefer them over a stainless steel spreader. thats what im using now but want to try something different. thx