*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 03-08-2010, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by upslope View Post
Very nice..I like when stripes are layed through a elevation changing landscape.

Trailers look very clean. And the red vbox with the blue looks good.

How do you like the v-box?

My prick neighbor has that same spreader.
haha. The v-box is awesome. We run bulk salt through it and it goes like a champ. The color just happened to work out I wanted a fisher but couldn't quite afford it and the Tornado came up for sale downstate from me and I jumped on it. My favorite part is no tarps and no gas. I recommend it to everyone and am planning to buy a new Tornado next fall for my dump truck.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpeg lawn maintenance View Post
Where did you learn how to do that stone work ?
Learned by doing for the most part. My dad has installed tile for 15 years and I use to go watch him work and help out all the time. Learned a lot about layout techniques from him then about 4 years ago a teacher at my school asked me to help him do a big patio around his pool. Let me do most of the work and I have never looked back. I still have a lot to learn about it and want to get certified as a paver installer at some point but for now I'm picking things up as I go.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Landscape Concepts View Post
Learned by doing for the most part. My dad has installed tile for 15 years and I use to go watch him work and help out all the time. Learned a lot about layout techniques from him then about 4 years ago a teacher at my school asked me to help him do a big patio around his pool. Let me do most of the work and I have never looked back. I still have a lot to learn about it and want to get certified as a paver installer at some point but for now I'm picking things up as I go.
I would love to do stuff like that but have no teacher lol. I own my own business to busy to go to school and there is really no school for it. So seems like iam screwed. Your stuff looks real nice tho keep it up with the pavers.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I would love to do stuff like that but have no teacher lol. I own my own business to busy to go to school and there is really no school for it. So seems like iam screwed. Your stuff looks real nice tho keep it up with the pavers.
I too would love to learn the techniques. I have done alot of tile work and a few hardscape jobs with my uncle so I know the basics-mainly on walls. there is schools for hardscaping but like you said to busy... I will learn as I go
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 03-08-2010, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Thanks I appreciate the complement. I've been going to college the past 4 years and its been pretty rough at times luckily I'm a month and a half from graduation and it can't come soon enough. I love the hardscaping side of the business but with the economy those jobs are a lot tougher to come by. The landscaping stuff saves the entire company from going under but hopefully I can split it up someday and run the hardscaping side and let someone else run the maintenance. Or maybe sit in the office and run the show while collecting the money hahaha but I have feeling that's never gonna happen.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deere615 View Post
I too would love to learn the techniques. I have done alot of tile work and a few hardscape jobs with my uncle so I know the basics-mainly on walls. there is schools for hardscaping but like you said to busy... I will learn as I go
Ya i really have no way to learn but if i get a chnace i will definitly take the oppertunity.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

custom landscape concepts - work looks great keep it up man, love the truck lettering looks great too. One question, do you have any pictures of how you secure the snowblower on the salter in the truck? I'd like to do something similar next year

Quote:
Ya i really have no way to learn but if i get a chnace i will definitly take the oppertunity.
you can look into when the ICPI class comes around your way, it's not hands on but it'll teach you the basics, also check out how to books, I pretty much taught myself, then just take on smaller projects and work your way up to the larger ones. Also if you have family members/friends you can do some paver jobs for to get your feet wet, it'll help and be less stress then a job for a regular customer
Old 03-09-2010, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Everything looks really nice. Have a good season!

1994 F-150 XLT 4X4 8' Uni-Mount
1995 7.3L F-250 XLT 4X4 9' Uni-Mount & Pro Flo Spreader
2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger
Stihl BR-550&600 Backpack Blower
Stihl BG-86 Handheld Blower
Stihl HS-45 Hedge Trimmers
Snapper Commercial Power Rake/Slit Seeder
Ryan Aerator
Husqvarna 235 Chainsaw 16" Bar
Old 03-09-2010, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJS View Post
custom landscape concepts - work looks great keep it up man, love the truck lettering looks great too. One question, do you have any pictures of how you secure the snowblower on the salter in the truck? I'd like to do something similar next year

you can look into when the ICPI class comes around your way, it's not hands on but it'll teach you the basics, also check out how to books, I pretty much taught myself, then just take on smaller projects and work your way up to the larger ones. Also if you have family members/friends you can do some paver jobs for to get your feet wet, it'll help and be less stress then a job for a regular customer
DJJS thanks for the complements I really appreciate it. I will take a picture of that snowblower hooked on the rack at the end of the week when I move it back to my shop and Ill post it on here for sure. I always think about it in the middle of a snowstorm and you know how that goes haha. About the pavers, working for friends and family is great that's how I started and you have a chance to use some trial and error, something you want to avoid for a professional client. Also, my first patio was a super flat 10x10 with an I or T pattern and you just work your way up so you are right on with that advice.