Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-17-2010, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Pallas View Post
On another note - I installed a K&N Air Filter on one of our Lazers. I need to plumb it a little different (reduce the stack) - but it should save a lot $$ on air filters. These are the kind that you can wash out - resuable. Plus, I hated that big air filter on the back of the machine (stock).
Thats a nice snorkel, Now when you put a mower in a pond you can drive to the other side.

Serving the westside
Old 03-17-2010, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Subs

Also, I need a few subs..if i decide to bid this job that Im looking at..I will need someone in K-zoo, Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, Ann Arbor, Livonia, Waterford, as well -local west side, Bloomfield, Farmington, Clawson, Troy, Madison Hieghts

Commercial properties (sm-med size) but need to be detailed. Need to know this week if you want to look at them.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningllc View Post
Thats a nice snorkel, Now when you put a mower in a pond you can drive to the other side.
Yeah - I know. LOL. I'm gonna re-plump that. It was the only length they had at the auto parts store and I just wanted to use it for a fit.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternative View Post
Also, I need a few subs..if i decide to bid this job that Im looking at..I will need someone in K-zoo, Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, Ann Arbor, Livonia, Waterford, as well -local west side, Bloomfield, Farmington, Clawson, Troy, Madison Hieghts

Commercial properties (sm-med size) but need to be detailed. Need to know this week if you want to look at them.
.................PM sent
Old 03-17-2010, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternative View Post

Alternative, I can't send pm, so call me 248-240-7298 justin

Serving the westside
Old 03-17-2010, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Pallas View Post
Yeah - I know. LOL. I'm gonna re-plump that. It was the only length they had at the auto parts store and I just wanted to use it for a fit.
I really like the idea, I'm gonna tell my resi customers i put this on my mowers so we can cut there lawns, There so wet all the time and when we sink the mower will still run.

It's a off-road thing.

Serving the westside
Old 03-17-2010, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawncareAmericaLLC View Post
Has anyone been keeping up on this so called new healthcare bill. If it passes we are screwed. It will be mandatory for all companies to supply health insurance for there employees no matter if they are part time or full time. I heard even if you sub work you will have to provide health care for them too. Also we will have to pay a 2-8% payroll tax no matter what. Sounds like a new world order to me.
Guys, I'm as libertarian as anyone around here and don't trust any government to do much of anything right, but I can't stand all this misinformation even more. Take the time to read the legislation or get an unbiased summary from someone who has before getting all up in arms about this health care debate.

The mandate for company-provided insurance doesn't apply at all unless you have more than 50 employees and doesn't kick in 100% unless you have 200 employees or more. Even then, there are subsidy vouchers provided to offset the employer cost for low income employees, which most of our seasonal crews would qualify for. There is no mention whatsoever in the law currently being debated about a payroll tax being imposed.

I stand to be impacted by this reform as much as anyone on here, but I've turned off Rush & the Tea Baggers and actually taken the time to do a little independent research and have come to the conclusion there will be little to no impact on my business or my daily life -- and as long as each of you currently are buying some form of personal insurance coverage -- which is just good common sense, in my opinion -- you should be in the same situation as well. The new rules on the insurance companies are volumes greater than any new rules on individuals and our small businesses.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by procut View Post
The fact that you get to do it once a month is pretty good. IDK, $225 +/-. I could even do for it you depending on where exactly you are.
the job would be in milan ,let me know if thats something you could do
Old 03-17-2010, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

^Ehhh, out of my area. Good luck, though.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Another thing... If anyone is able to an application in the St. Johns / Lansing area shoot me a PM as soon as ypu get a chance.

Tags
alternative landscaping