Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-07-2010, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
the 48" that I have is old as hell...my biggest complaint/worry is actually the engine. Everything else with it is fine the only things that really need to be replaced this year are the belts and tires which are wear items so what can you expect?

its Toro paint, just have to be careful because they have 2 different colors ("apple red" and "new red"). you cant really tell unless you look at the Toro logo on the deck (which I taped off) but I got the wrong color, this mower is supposed to be "new red" even though the mower is 15 years old lol
Allright thanks my toro that I need to repaint is from 1987 lol
Ferris 32
Toro 21
Redmax BCZ2401s, Redmax HE225f, Redmax EBZ7100 Kawasaki KRB300
1999 Honda Oddsey
6X10 trailer
Old 03-21-2010, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well, a few updates as we get ready for the season. First, my door hangers came in the other day, I have no idea what the hell I was thinking when I ordered 2,000 of them, but they are here and we're starting to pass them out. My add in the local newspaper also started this week, I'm very happy with that, out of about 15-20 other adds, mine is the FIRST one and I'm the only one that printed my logo, so I am really hoping I get noticed. As far as equipment goes, I am in the process of doing some pre-season maintenance to everything (oil, filters, grease, etc.) and doing a mini-overhaul on my 48". I was hoping to get rid of it and buy a new one over the winter, but I'm gonna try to get the 'ol Lesco through at least June-July til I see where I'm at. Anyway, that thing is getting the carb rebuilt, new drive belts (holy hell those things are expensive), new tires (old ones were a bit bald) and repaired the deck belt engage linkage. Should be starting cleanups in the next week or so, as soon as the ground dries up a little more, and once the 48" is back together I have a few modifications to do to the trailer and I would be all set to go!
Attached Images

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 03-21-2010, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

looks like i got alot of pieces to put back together for ya their. I like your door hanger, alot better than mine. So you want to have a door hanger hanging party? I noticed your ad was first, mine got bumped way down the list.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS0219 View Post
looks like i got alot of pieces to put back together for ya their. I like your door hanger, alot better than mine. So you want to have a door hanger hanging party? I noticed your ad was first, mine got bumped way down the list.
Thanks for the compliment on the door hanger. I designed the whole thing myself just made it to fit the printers template and submitted the file. Got 2000 shipped for $180.

I actually have it all put back together except for the carb, and the tires which Lesco is generously mounting for me for free tomorrow cuz i walked in for 2 belts and 2 tires and walked out with those plus 2 $100 wheelbarrows and a couple of those green barrels lol.

My Pictures:
Old 03-22-2010, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i really like the door hangers man best of luck
Old 03-23-2010, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayslandscaping22 View Post
i really like the door hangers man best of luck
thanks man same to you!

Just FYI about the door hangers...they came from NextDayFlyers.com and I got 2,000 of them shipped to my door for $188. Their big thing is they can have them overnighted to you which costs a fortune (I saved about $70 on my order waiting), but they also do it the slow way which takes about a week and a half. Fine by me to save $70. I designed it myself using their sizing template (not a big deal for me since I went to college for that stuff before this). I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone.

My Pictures:
Old 03-24-2010, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well we had to retire the 'ol Lesco. The more Nick (NMS0219) and I tore into it, the obvious lack of maintenance by the previous owners really showed as it became obvious the thing wasn't cleaned very well and it was really overheated at one point. Burnt oil all over the head, some REALLY excessive play in one of the valves, and a lot of really fine heat cracks developing in the head lead me to decide to throw in the towel with it and retire it. Although I was planning to buy a new mower this year, now was NOT that time. I'm working a deal right now to pick up a Bunton 48" with 300 hrs on it (yes it really only has 300 hours on it) for around $400 and that will get me through easily til June or July when I will have more money to buy what I want new. I hate to finance something right now and I also hate to just go buy a mower because I need a mower when in the end it probably wont be what I really want anyway. Kinda pissed I just bought all those parts for the Lesco though. Oh well, cost of doing business I suppose.

My Pictures:
Old 03-24-2010, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
thanks man same to you!

Just FYI about the door hangers...they came from NextDayFlyers.com and I got 2,000 of them shipped to my door for $188. Their big thing is they can have them overnighted to you which costs a fortune (I saved about $70 on my order waiting), but they also do it the slow way which takes about a week and a half. Fine by me to save $70. I designed it myself using their sizing template (not a big deal for me since I went to college for that stuff before this). I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone.
damn i payed like $400 for 1000 there were designed but still damn I'm def gonna go with them next year aha. did you create you own logo?
Old 03-25-2010, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayslandscaping22 View Post
damn i payed like $400 for 1000 there were designed but still damn I'm def gonna go with them next year aha. did you create you own logo?
Yeah I did the logo and everything. Having a background (or enough to get by I guess is more like it) really helps. I saved some $$ by designing my business cards, truck signs and t-shirts myself too. But yeah I would definitely recommend NextDayFlyers.com to anyone they really impressed me I was totally blown away when they came in. For what I paid I was expecting much less.

My Pictures:
Old 03-25-2010, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

nick's expert opinion came in handy for once. mark that one down