Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-23-2010, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Member

FaceBook Ads

I was wondering if any of you have tried using the ads on Facebook. They seem to be just like google but it looks like you can narrow your target areas down a little better. Your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Cyle Hostedler
Old 03-14-2010, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Member

i disagree with google you can narrow your target location done to a ten mile radius thats pretty small. plus google has a large number of views and with google its click your ad go directly to your website. with facebook from everything ive seen its click your ad go to your company's facebook page then click a link to your website thats another step which mean and place for potential clients to loose interest.
2008 Seirra 2500HD 8ft MM Fisher plow
2001 F350 Dump 9ft MM Fisher plow 2yd Procaster Sander
1998 Ford N80 6-wheeler 10ft angle plow, 6yd SS Sander
2004 S300 Bobcat
2009 16ft enclosed Car-mate trailer
2008 6 ton towmaster bobcat trailer
52in 23hp Wright stander
36in 19hp Scag Hydro walkbehind
Old 03-20-2010, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Member

i do not see myself using facebook ads in the near future. people are on facebook are there for a specific purpose, and in and out, looking for a wham bam thank you man type experience. I do not think the ads really make it into the peripheral view. With the internet being so mainstream and the technology behind it generally taken for granted, my feeling is the value is not worth the cost and hassle and the expectation. Then again.................... i joined twitter 4 weeks ago. I included my website name and YouTube links in my signature, i post regularly to craigslist and include my name url and contact number in every email and text message i send. Speaking of which.. Please watch my paynes tractor forks YouTube vid. Those guys at paynesforks.com did me a real solid and offer a superior product to the landscape community.. and i could really use the extra view on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvyMbaWC-sI
Old 03-21-2010, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb3NH View Post
i do not see myself using facebook ads in the near future. people are on facebook are there for a specific purpose, and in and out, looking for a wham bam thank you man type experience. I do not think the ads really make it into the peripheral view. With the internet being so mainstream and the technology behind it generally taken for granted, my feeling is the value is not worth the cost and hassle and the expectation. Then again.................... i joined twitter 4 weeks ago. I included my website name and YouTube links in my signature, i post regularly to craigslist and include my name url and contact number in every email and text message i send. Speaking of which.. Please watch my paynes tractor forks YouTube vid. Those guys at paynesforks.com did me a real solid and offer a superior product to the landscape community.. and i could really use the extra view on YouTube.
I apologize for the above rambling and incoherency. I was pre-gaming for a big cornbeef 'n cabbage dinner with friends out here in Newmarket NH. Lot's o Guinness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvyMbaWC-sI
Old 03-21-2010, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Mhmmmm cabbage! And corn beef scrum diddly umshus!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-22-2010, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You could probably run ads if its something those kind of people will use and click on.

Maybe mascara, condoms, aftershave, frozen pizzas, or Geico insurance.

I'd almost be embarrassed to advertise landscaping or pruning on Facebook, unless they started to produce some kind of online magazine.

But with such a Myspace-like atmosphere, it looks like a waste of time for a professional landscaper to advertise on.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890