Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-22-2010, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Looking for striping help with my Scag Velo deck

I'm running a Scag Pro-V with a 52' Velocity Deck. I only got to run it a few weeks before winter set in and didn't really get it tuned in for striping the way I want it to. I normally cut St. Augustine or Bahia.
I know pitch of the deck can be an Issue but the Velocity deck has the custom baffle system. Is dropping the baffle down sufficient to make up for setting the deck at an actual pitch? Right now I've got my deck flat and the baffle in the front down as far as it will go.

I'm switching between normal Highlift blades and Gator Highlift's. I used a double blade set up for a bit but it seemed to put a lot more stress on the engine with out very noticeable results.

The Scag custom striping kit I believe is for the riders only. I've heard were people have made custom's with either some thick rubber or small pieces of chain. It seems the chain would work really well at laying the grass over but it also seems that they could potentially hang up on something and cause some problems. Any thoughts or idea's there?

I've also noticed that the blade spacer that came with the deck takes the blades flat with the depth of the deck. I was wondering if i should use some custom blade spacers to drop the blades a bit inside the deck to increase the suction some.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tags
pro-v , scag , stripe , stripes , striping