Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-13-2002, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Member

If you want hydraulic hoists etc go here www.delhydraulics.com they have everything from pumps to hoists the best hoist to use is a telescoping unit. Scissor hoist are not that good they don't lift much and also add alot of extra weight

I'am in the process of putting a rolloff system on my F-Superduty and I'am buying the hydraulic parts from Del. My previous F-Superduty had a del telescoping hoist and it would lift more than what my truck could carry the heaviest load I dumped was 9000lbs of gravel.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Gravel Rat.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Member

dump trailer hydraulics

Try www.venco.com for the hydraulics.I have used them on many occasions at my shop and have found the quality to be superior .I have come across northern hydraulics and scissors on customers trucks and have found them to be sub standard.I live by this next statement. When you buy quality it only hurts once.

Good Luck
Old 12-13-2002, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Member

correctin

I gave the wrong web site it should be www.venco-hoist.com
sorry
Old 12-13-2002, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Can't find the site?
Old 01-27-2003, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

SDlawndawg, I have the Northern lift that I mounted on my flatbed. It lifts everything I ever put on it quite well. At first I thought this thing looks wimpy. Now I love it. If you want I will take some pictures of it to give you some ideas. I have a freind that is getting ready to build his dumping trailer and he got a scissors assembly, hydroulic pump/motor/resivour at a flea market real cheap. Been mad at him ever since!
I would beleive that you could convert your trailer fairly easily by building a dump box/frame and hinges on the rear.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

SD,i have the plans for the dump trailer from northern,it is a very rugged design,depending on were you get your steel and other parts i priced it out at around $2500,thats without my labor of course,it is a lot stronger than some of the cheepies i have seen,the only problem i see is getting it registered,it can be a pain in the axx in NY because it needs to be inspected at a state run shop,you need an appointment and it can take months to get,once your there the inspectors(at least here) are pricks and will pick it apart,i'm sure there are ways around this but i was going to sell them and by the time i made any money off it,someone could have bought another alot cheaperand registered and inspected.if your serious about building,i would highly reccomend the plans, they are very clear and easy to read.