Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-25-2010, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Experience with Accelerator and Gobbler?

I recently purchased a Yazoo Kees Esteem 48" and am wanting to add a grass catcher/bagger for my yard. I only mow a half acre so its not too much work but was wanting to know if anyone has experience with both the accelerator and grass gobler or any other models. The price is sgnificantly different but do they perform the same? The weight doesn't concern me but productivity does. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt-n-fish View Post
I recently purchased a Yazoo Kees Esteem 48" and am wanting to add a grass catcher/bagger for my yard. I only mow a half acre so its not too much work but was wanting to know if anyone has experience with both the accelerator and grass gobler or any other models. The price is sgnificantly different but do they perform the same? The weight doesn't concern me but productivity does. Thanks for the help!
I have both. I really think its worth the extra money to get the accelerator. The craftsmanship of the gobbler is not nearly as good. But to answer your question the gobbler will do pretty much the same job as the accelerator. The gobbler is alot more difficult to pick up do to the cheap handle setup. And also the door on the rear is alot more flimsy and doesnt seal shut properly like the accelerator.

PEOPLE LOOK FOR ANSWERS FROM A MAN THAT CAN ONLY BE GIVEN FROM GOD.

KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH (JESUS) WILL SET YOU FREE!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my Accelerator
Old 03-25-2010, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I ve used the gobbler with the extension for the past 7 years and the latch is definately a problem but if you start off using a rubber bungy strap for extra support the latch will last forever. They are really tough and have worked great for me. The handles are steel and will not break. The welds are strong with zero cracks after all this time. I am pretty rough with my equipment so I stick with steel. The accelerator looks like a nice piece and I'm sure would be great, and it s lighter, but the aluminum scares me for the extra money. $600 compared to $450 with the extension and they both do an equal job.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have an accelerator on my 48 great dane that i bought last summer for the fall leaves and such and i really like it. it's light, mounts easy, and has all around been great for me.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i have both. i like my accelerator but for how much i used a bag the grass gobbler is cheaper and it works fine for how much they get used. spring/fall thats it.
Toro
STHIL
Shindawia
Western Salt Spreader
Billy Goat
Tomahawk

Minnesota certified pesticide applicator
NOT MY PRESIDENT!

Brotherhood 2000 plus fourteen
"The real lawn care Jesus"
Old 03-25-2010, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Bought a Jumbo Gobbler on sale tonight for $150, I look forward to using it in a couple weeks. Thanks for all of the input!

Tags
bagger , catcher , esteem , kees , yazoo