Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-26-2003, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Member

GreennGrow,
My mind is fairly well made up. I believe I will go with Groundskeeper Pro when the time comes. When I started up the demo I was crusiing around in it pretty quick and they make thier directions understrandable. I like that. At least for me a program can be the slickest thing since indoor plumbing but if I can't get around without a lot of help then it ain't worth nothin. Some the other programs are just way out of my budget. Anyway I thank everyone for thier input. Dave
Old 01-27-2003, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Member

I cant beleive Clip charges you for support like that.

If tech support for a product is such a HUGE issue, it makes you wonder why they are having so many problems. Do they plan it that way?

I understand that you dont actually own the software either, you are only licensing it. Sounds like they are all about the buck.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jocko1104
I cant beleive Clip charges you for support like that.

If tech support for a product is such a HUGE issue, it makes you wonder why they are having so many problems. Do they plan it that way?

I understand that you dont actually own the software either, you are only licensing it. Sounds like they are all about the buck.
Software companies either price their software high enough to cover the cost of the software and support in the initial purchase or charge a per call, per hour or annual fee for support.

How else will they stay in business?

They have to have an ongoing revenue stream, whether from new software sales, update charges, or support charges.

Look at Quickbooks, they have a new version every year, have an annual charge for payroll tax table updates, and charge for support. They also have started discontinuing support for older versions.

So, just like us, they are all about the buck".

As for owning the software vs. licensing it, if you look at the licensing agreement in any software you buy, it is probably the same. You are purchasing the right to use the software, not the software.
Old 01-28-2003, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I too, made the mistake of purchasing Clip software. Support is terrible and upgrades are too expensive. They are all about getting as much money from their customers without providing real value.
Old 01-29-2003, 03:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I fell for Clip to had to have about 4 grand in it , It was horable. Dumped it after a year and now have Realgreen.