Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2010, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have (2) Honda commercial units about the same age, and they both say commercial on the deck. Maybe this is a unit from the old Masters series. Regardless, I would buy it. Very good unit....
Old 03-28-2010, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Yup...commercial say commercial on them. I've seen these listed on craigslist as "commercial" or sometimes they say "commercial engine" but they are not of their commercial line. If it was a commercial unit...heck i'd pay for shipping to Cali at that price. ;-)
Truck
Old 03-28-2010, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

o.k. Sad to hear that it's not commercial, so it's still a good deal though? It looks like a lot higher quality than a lot of the mowers these days.

Did the non commercial mowers have the hydrostatic transmission back then too?

How about the cut, mulching, and bagging quality of these mowers, do they compare to say the hrx, hrx, or toro super recycler/bagger?
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)

Last edited by clean_cut; 03-28-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_cut View Post
o.k. Sad to hear that it's not commercial, so it's still a good deal though? Yes if good condition, check it out for cleanliness, dents/sratches, air filter, cables/starter/throttle, etc. It should idle properly on low speed. Check on how the clutch engages...my experience with these is that clutch doesn't engage at low speed, usually in middle. it doesn't look all beat up though. It looks like a lot higher quality than a lot of the mowers these days. Honda makes good quality mowers and their resi mowers have a lot of nice features that most others do not. but you pay a lot more for them too.

Did the non commercial mowers have the hydrostatic transmission back then too? Yes.

How about the cut, mulching, and bagging quality of these mowers, do they compare to say the hrx, hrx, or toro super recycler/bagger?
The cut very well and are like vacuums. And the bag gets full, not like others that will only half fill before they start clogging blade. Also, you can download the owners manual from that honda website above, just verify serial number/make/model.
Truck
Old 03-28-2010, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks sooooo much man, you've been a great help! I'm going to try and call the guy tomorrow a schedule a time we can meet, I'll make sure to try and check the things you talked about.

Again, thanks for the amazing help, God Bless!
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 03-28-2010, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Member

no prob. hope it goes well. i have a lot of hard hours this year alone on mine and would say my ROI has been great considering the price!
Truck
Old 03-28-2010, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I guy I know might sell one of these hydro Hondas to me for $150, maybe even less... I have been buying my Toro 3-speed BBCs for $50 to $125 for years now, they just don't quit.
'06 Exmark TT 60" Kohler 20hp
'06 Exmark TT 60" Kawasaki 22hp
'04 Ferris 52" Kawasaki 23 hp w/ Trac Vac
'98 Exmark Metro 36" Kawasaki 14 hp
Toro 21" Proline Mowers
Kawasaki Trimmers
Redmax Blowers
Shindaiwa LE261 Edger
Stihl KM110 Powerhead with attachments
Kawasaki Hedge Trimmer
Old 03-29-2010, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So you think its a good mower, just overpriced in your opinion?

Old 03-29-2010, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone else have experience with these mowers, or know what a fair price would be?

Tags
21" , commarcial , honda , honda commercial , hr215