Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-26-2003, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Heygrassman- That one in the script font is awesome... I dont like script, but that makes it look good, and is very easy to read. David- I would take that one if I were you.. it looks great, and isnt too far away from what you have on your truck now, so it wont confuse people.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Rosciolli, Yeah I really like that one also. Guess I'm just waiting for a response from grassman right now. I don't have what I think of as a logo now and I would say now is the time to change before I'm well established wouldn't you? I tried drawing those picketts. Don't have the patience for it I guess.Dave:blob3:
Old 01-27-2003, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea those picketts were not so much fun to draw. The font is Park Avenue. I think you can get that as the standard set of fonts in MS Word and in Publisher. I too like the Script in this format. I picked the cleanest and uniform script I could find. I am having a hard time matching that Truck Magnet font. Everything that I have is too blocky and tough to read. I am sending you 3 version of the logo. 1) Jpeg format for printed letterhead, etc 2) GIF for a website and 3) EPS which is what you will give the printer for any printed materials.

This is one of the more fun logos I have done. You have a great brand to work with there, especially if you service a smaller community.

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments.

Jeff

Latest Version:
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2003, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I really like that one too. Can I use it ? he he he
Old 01-27-2003, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice...go with that one
Old 01-28-2003, 02:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Heygrassman thanks a million. It looks great. You should consider a career in logo design. I've got a question relatedto all of this. As you can see my name was landscaping & lawncare. Wish I had thought of lawn & landscaping. But anyway how much trouble is it gonna be to change it? Thanks Dave

Oh by the way grassman the co. I got the magnets from called the font chancery, not black chancery just chancery.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I could not remember but I knew there was a reason that it did not match what you had posted. Landscaping and Lawncare did not fit well in script. It is so long that to fit this into a standard logo size, you had to make the font so small that it was not extremely readable.

Here it is. I really think you are going to have a hard time reading this. This is on a 3"x4" palate which is big for a logo. Most that I have designed are 2"x3". Let me know what you like and I can email the other copies to you. Changes like this including fonts take only a few mins (unless I have to drastically change the logo to accomodate.) I can not find Chancery anywhere in a truetype font but I will continue to look.

Jeff
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2003, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Heygrassman. Actually what I was refering to was the legalities of changing the name. But if you want to send me this one that would be great. Might save the headaches. Most customers just say The Pickett Fence, L & L dosen't even get verbalized. But I've got bids and letters sent out to potential new customers so I'm leery of confusing them. Thanks Dave