Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-30-2010, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

hey tim, you could answer his ?? about sgn, i have no idea

as far as drought i wont be able to tell, i irrigate this!!!!!!!!! but i can tell if it goes drought stressed sooner or later than the other side b4 i irrigate
Old 03-30-2010, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookviewlawncare View Post
I would assume that its the Ammonium sulfate thats getting a jump and not the Duration
Thanks Brookview for the post. Riggle, we blend a variety of Duration types along with 8% of the nitrogen from Ammonium Sulfate to achieve a kick out. One AP is designed to achieve a color response throughout the year and most importantly after itís first applied. After the ground temperatures increase along with a little soil moisture the Duration will begin to take over. Go to the Spread it and Forget it website for details.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
hey tim, you could answer his ?? about sgn, i have no idea

as far as drought i wont be able to tell, i irrigate this!!!!!!!!! but i can tell if it goes drought stressed sooner or later than the other side b4 i irrigate
The SGN size is 250.

When the lawn enters a drought to dormancy period the nitrogen released from the Duration will stop and will not begin to release again until you have more moisture. Maybe you can cap one of the irrigation heads so you can evaluate.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedPro View Post
I've seen these gimmicks come and go. It won't catch on.

Humans are used to repetition and besides that they don't like change.

Try explaining to your customers you are only going to feed their lawn once a year.

You guys have a hard enough time believing in it....the client never will.

It's a good concept and theory.....and that's where it will remain.

More is better. For institutions and people doing their own? It might be minimaly popular. but it would never make it in the commercial or residential venues on a retail for hire product.

The end.
SeedPro, Youíre correct, Itís not about the efficacy. These products work if theyíre designed correctly for the growing zone where theyíre applied. Itís a question of value and marketing. Grassmanís company is a full maintenance lawn care company. His customers are not going to count how many times he fertilizes to judge the value of his service. They will take a glance every week after he finishes cutting to see how it looks. Is it stripped nice, walks edged, sidewalks blown off, weeds gone and does the lawn have good color. One AP offers the most continues color throughout the year. No more peaks and valleys. You may be a lawn care application company and if you are I understand the objection but we have a lot of LCOs using the One AP product in commercial applications helping them differentiate their business and capture some business they had trouble competing for in the past.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

good postings TIm, thanks. there is even more Amonium nitrate than i thought, cool. it def kick started everything. my home lawn is super green right now and i have cut it once. i am cutting the shop today and will get more pics after a while to show any differences between sides.

my thoughts are since it is spring and everything is lush, the real difference between rounds showing off color of regular program the most will be later in the year
Old 03-31-2010, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-AP TIM View Post
SeedPro, Youíre correct, Itís not about the efficacy. These products work if theyíre designed correctly for the growing zone where theyíre applied. Itís a question of value and marketing. Grassmanís company is a full maintenance lawn care company. His customers are not going to count how many times he fertilizes to judge the value of his service. They will take a glance every week after he finishes cutting to see how it looks. Is it stripped nice, walks edged, sidewalks blown off, weeds gone and does the lawn have good color. One AP offers the most continues color throughout the year. No more peaks and valleys. You may be a lawn care application company and if you are I understand the objection but we have a lot of LCOs using the One AP product in commercial applications helping them differentiate their business and capture some business they had trouble competing for in the past.
Like I said. It's a small niche deal at best. No better mousetrap.

When I see it at Home Depot I'll take notice.

I hope you make a ton of money in the mean time, but I am old school. Not one of these kids that buys every new lawn care tool and product like young girls buy the newest pretty cellphone.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedPro View Post
Like I said. It's a small niche deal at best. No better mousetrap.

When I see it at Home Depot I'll take notice.

I hope you make a ton of money in the mean time, but I am old school. Not one of these kids that buys every new lawn care tool and product like young girls buy the newest pretty cellphone.
I would have to disagree It could be a contender if you sell it correctly and I don't have the same cell phone or phone plan that I had in the early 90s
Old 04-01-2010, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

nice analogy with the cell phone plan, i like that. things change and if you know how to educate then you can sell. i have never had an issue with change and my customers as they believe me if i tell them something is better or not.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow you shop for your fert at hope depot. Wow you guys need to know that Tim is a great man to deal with, he has involved with fertilizer his whole life and know what he is talking about 100 precent. And if he doesn't know something he will tell you up front and find the answer for you. Now if you think that this product will not work, you are all wrong. We have used it for the past 3 years with great results. Such that it has landed us a 5 year deal on some parks and recs jobs just because they don't want to see someone out there 4 or5 times. If you have questions you can call me or tim and we can help you
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2010, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

great response , how did you work it in to your program, charge more for the first app? get paid on a yearly basis? etc. curious. thanks