Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-27-2010, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a a 2008 snapper 61' pro 200-S series. At about 500 hours it started having a delayed reaction going in reverse. Now it has almost 800 hours, and i can barely back it onto the trailer. The problem keeps getting worse. It seems to get worse as the day goes on. Like the hyrdro fluid is getting too hot or something. I take it to the shop to get it fixed, and they say there is nothing wrong with it because they don't leave it running long enough for it to stop working. It works fine on the first couple of lawns i do, and as the day goes on, it gets worse. Anybody have any idea how to fix this problem? The fluid is full, and i am using the correct kind. I maintain, and change it according to the manufactures label. Also the drive belt is new, and forward work fine.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I had some Yazoo/Kees mowers that did that.
Same deal.

Mine just kept getting worse... some of them were effected on one side, both sides... some of them were affected in reverse, both forward and reverse... etc...

I am pretty sure this is cause by cavitation of the fluid, which will lead to failure.
I am pretty sure the cavitation is cause by the system plumbing and fluid heat.

I would take it back in and make them run it an hour or so... or invite them to send a guy out to an account with you... let him start... then you take over... get it hot... then give it back to him so he sees what it is doing.

If it's out of warranty, you might want to try re-plumbing the system and adding an oil cooler.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"