Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-31-2010, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Well, we got the dixon version, same basic mower, different seat and options.
We are in northern TN, it does very well here. Dischage is incredible, haven't seen it clump yet.
Haven't ever used mulching kit on it, not sure how that is yet.
From what I've been seeing, they're built very well. That spindle is tremendous, if I remember right, it outweighed that huge toro spindle by at least 7 lb. It's over 10 in. in diameter. The deck is all 7 guage. It has a lot of design similarities to the G3, and probably the lazer, but the PZ is bigger and beefier in almost every area. Also, check out the way those rollers are mounted. I'm thinking they are at least $500 under Next Lazer, probably more. I don't think their are any customers that really put them through the paces for 2000 hr or so yet, but first impressions are great!
Correct me if I'm wrong, Jim.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

a little bit of an exaggeration don't you think? I demoed that same mower and its not going to stand up just because you give it full throttle from a stop.[/QUOTE]

It had to get the front wheel at least 4 ffeet off the ground and by the way I was on pavement when I didi it.

JimQ they are complaining the it is not throwing it far enough in he was cutting weed and clovers so Im hoping that is why he is do in next day or so so I will get a good review
Old 04-01-2010, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc0207 View Post
JimQ they are complaining the it is not throwing it far enough in he was cutting weed and clovers so Im hoping that is why he is do in next day or so so I will get a good review

Thanks fro the info.

Put on a set of High Lifts if you're cutting weeds and clover. That will definitely take care of your discharge problems. P/N - 522829301 for the 60" deck.

Q
Old 04-01-2010, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Member

We are an Exmark and Husqvarna dealer. Our customers really like the Next Lazer and we just got our first PZ's. The PZ sure looks good and we have a demo but have not had much time on it yet. I have alot of Next Lazers in the field now and they are holding up very well. They ride and handle so much better than the old Lazer. Husqvarna is a company with alot of money and they look to be serious about making some inroads into the commercial market. The PZ looks to be a step in that direction. You can get them about 500 less than a Exmark right now.