Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-01-2010, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Good call. I'm continually amazed at some of these guys who demand that it be done on their terms, yet they have their hands out asking the customer for money. LOL.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-01-2010, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg City Lawns View Post
look you work for the customer they tell you how they want things done and you do it so i guess you could call yourself an employee of that person and that pretty much applies to any service industry job... someone that doesnt work for the customer wont be in business very long
I provide a service that isn't working for the customer. I understand customer service but theres a point where you must take control of the business verse them running it for you.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ha I would laugh at him and walk away, unless that is of course he wants to pay you up front and twice the price.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Where's the posts of the guy that started this thread? One post and then nothing?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Run away...the customer's going to be much more trouble then they're worth if they're being this difficult already, not worth changing mowing routes to suit one customers schedule, the only way I do that is if the customers a firefighter, cop, doctor etc and works nights, then I'll work around their schedule, other then that, I give them a day and we get tehre when we get there anywhere between 8 & 6
Old 04-01-2010, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
In reality, we who primarily do grass cutting are on a trial program all the time. If a customer doesn't like our work, we are gone, finished, end of story.

I know, I know, ... some are going to say that is why I have a contract. Do you really think you can enforce a contract for a part of a season, at $30, $40/cut? If they tell you not to return, and when you show next time the grass is already cut by another LCO, what is your option? Sure, you can send them a bill. Do you really have any hope of having it paid?

Remember, it is only grass cutting, nothing more complex, and not something that hundreds, thousands, of others cannot do. When I leave a property after a mowing, I never know if that was the last cutting there, or not. By the next week, I may have been replaced by another. Grass cutters are a dime-a-dozen, especially this season (just read a few threads on the subject).
I totally agree with you. So many on here believe they are doing brain surgery. Lighten up guys and slow down and don't let life pass you by.