Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-15-2010, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Installed the terminator last night on my 21" and got a chance to give it a test run (rain held off).

First off the baldes are built right, I compared them to the gator mulcher I tried in the past and could see a lot more lift built into the terminator. The blade is pretty agressive looking and has a good hefty feeling to it.

With the initial mow, I was happy to see I was getting the benefit of the gator (shredding the clippings) but also the quality cut you get from a high lift blade. The clippings were down to a much smaller size, to the point where I don't need to give areas a second pass or clear with a blower.

Cut quality was there, I mowed half an area with my factory high lift blade, then continued on with the terminator, no reduction in finish quality, no stringers.

Overall I am very happy, I have not tried out the eliminator but plan to. I can see from the eliminators build it has similar lift qualities to it, so I am hoping the negative lift properties of the blade don't reduce the quality of cut. The eliminator will be my blade of choice when the leaves fall. I still plan to discharge.

In short, this is the blade I have been looking for to run on my 21. I can leave it on all year, and get a nice cut with fine clippings. Very satisified, plus the company is great to work with, they have great customer service, Sue will answer all your questions.

Tags
blade , eliminator , gator , mulcher , terminator