Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-02-2003, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Ads That Work Best?

A little feed back would be appreciated. I have ads in both local papers and the yellow pages and have gotten pretty good response from them, but still feel like I am not the getting the most out of my advertising budget. Anybody have any proven winners they have used in the past to get the phone ringing more.Thanks guys
Old 02-02-2003, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Flood the areas you wish to target with DoorKnockers!!!

Start putting them out now for mowing and then hit them again about 3 weeks after the season starts for mowing work. Then you should hit them once again for shearing & pruning about mid-late May for June/July work. Then hit em yet again in June and July for late summer seeding work.

Once you have your name out there and people have seen your truck(s) the calls will definitely follow for sure.

Its best to flag for upcoming services. I keep flyer/pamphlets in the trucks at all times and when someone asks for a biz card hand 'em a flyer for upcoming work, etc.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Fliers, Fliers, Fliers. And it's all about time.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Flyers have seemed to work best after word of mouth. Most of the people who are calling now say that they recieved my flyer back in early Jan. And the website has a great impact on helping people who are interested. This way they can feel you out without having to call you right away. They want to know what you do and who you are. I will have to say though, flyers are my biggest help.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Flyers and Doorhangers

How costly are flyers to get printed and do you get a special rate for bulk mailing? How do you choose your sending area . I am not real sure how this hole thing works. Thanks
Old 02-03-2003, 08:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Re: Flyers and Doorhangers

Quote:
Originally posted by MIKEJ
How costly are flyers to get printed and do you get a special rate for bulk mailing? How do you choose your sending area . I am not real sure how this hole thing works. Thanks
If you but over 6oo @ kinkos they are about .03 a piece. I am probally going to print out about 3,000 and it will cost $125-130 plus you have to buy better paper about 25#. This will cost about $25 more but, it's worth more. I know word of mouth is the best you can get, just get a few good customers and then go from there. Good Luck.
Old 02-03-2003, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We like direct mail to the same zip code 4 times during the season. We find people keep the flyer and remember our name better with repeated mailings.