Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-16-2010, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Cut View Post
how is quickbooks pro? I only have 25 resi and 7 commercials and was wondering if its worth it... so you've grown from 25 clients to 60+ in one year? Dang I hope I blow up like that... I'm actually sitting waiting at the dealer right now for my grandstand... they're putting a stripe kit on it. Just got them in yesterday. Can't wait to use it and see how it does... hope it worth the extra $$
Posted via Mobile Device

AMAZING, it is so much easier and there is no other documentation you need, it has billing, invoicing, bills payable, recipt info, expenditures, cost speadsheets for materials, and a perfect setup on the mac. I wish i had a PC though, like a nice sony or a dell, im not liking that i cant right click anything on my macbook.

How is the grandstand, i was going to get the exmark vantage 48" but i couldnt justify a 8000 dollars 48" mower and the upgrade from a 48 - 52 - 60 was huge. How much was your striping kit, i would of ordered it myself off ebay(like i did) the install is a piece of cake, two bolts and your ready to go. My striping kit is the reason i grew so much, i marketed the "get your lawn looking like a golf coarse" i filll in spots, hire out a fert company to make it greener and less weeds, and then lay down some stright proffessional checkers and diamonds.

This year was a huge growth, mainly because of referals but i also handed out close to 10,000 fliers(which sucked and we had shitty weather to do it in to, in late feburary) i beat all the other companys by like 4 weeks so everyone who called said they held onto the first company's (mine) and called when they needed services. Also, i had my brothers baseball and hockey coaches all want my services and my brothers team mates parents all hired me too, i got about 15 lawns with just that and they are the big lawns.

hope the striping kit works as good as it does for me, for you . good luck this season

Insured and Licensed
Old 04-16-2010, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerdude777 View Post
Looks great glad to see that you got a good 36
me too, trust me, also if you ever want to get rid of that 48 exmark metro, give me a hollar, i would take that off your hands so quick for the right price. I love the metro floating deck. Are the problems still occuring with it though?

Insured and Licensed
Old 04-16-2010, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey delong, grandtstand is great!. Strping kit was $400 about w/ my discount... I can't wait to add customers this year.. hopefully more... I've added 5 commercial and about 4 resis that's it... I am going to pass out more flyers as I have discovered a new neighborhood I never knew was right in front of one of my commercials... lots are 1/3 acre and 1 acre... looks like people showing money in their cares etc. So I figure they'd like a ba lawn to go w/ it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2010, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Hey delong, grandtstand is great!. Strping kit was $400 about w/ my discount... I can't wait to add customers this year.. hopefully more... I've added 5 commercial and about 4 resis that's it... I am going to pass out more flyers as I have discovered a new neighborhood I never knew was right in front of one of my commercials... lots are 1/3 acre and 1 acre... looks like people showing money in their cares etc. So I figure they'd like a ba lawn to go w/ it
Posted via Mobile Device
DANG, thats a lot of money, mine was 130 dollars of off ebay and it came next day. Maybe your's is better quality. I guess mine gets the job done, idk how long it will last.

I wish i had more commercials i just dont know how to get them. I have a neighborhood like that too, all BMW's and BenZ and they all want weekly bed edging too which is huge bucks compaired to mowing.I can edge a 100 foot bed in 5 minutes and its 30 dollars more a week.

How do you get commercials?

Insured and Licensed
Old 04-17-2010, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly... I cold called and asked who was in charge of the landscaping part, ended up getting a place w/ 5 day care centers, so that's a big chunk then two other day care centers heard and I mow for them too... I beat out trgear, brickman and natoprs and my bid was $1500 higher than trgear and like $700 higher than brickman!

They wanted small company w/ high quality taste and a good customer service. sold myself as best I could and landed the contract. $18k a year... not to bad I don't think. $18k is for only 5 centers I believe its right at $22k for all 7
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2010, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Honestly... I cold called and asked who was in charge of the landscaping part, ended up getting a place w/ 5 day care centers, so that's a big chunk then two other day care centers heard and I mow for them too... I beat out trgear, brickman and natoprs and my bid was $1500 higher than trgear and like $700 higher than brickman!

They wanted small company w/ high quality taste and a good customer service. sold myself as best I could and landed the contract. $18k a year... not to bad I don't think. $18k is for only 5 centers I believe its right at $22k for all 7
Posted via Mobile Device
WOW, thats crazy i didnt realize commercials have so much money in them. What would you charge a commercial property with one acre per week? or month?

Insured and Licensed
Old 04-17-2010, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My day cares range from $55-$105... they take anywhere from 35 min to 1.5 hours... that's w/ just my mower... when my buddys. Help I can have the 1.5 hour one done in like an hour...

Prob 1 acre, not many obsticales about $55-60... obsticles or fence $75
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2010, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i need to up my prices. Everyone around here though is so cheap, people are mowing acres around my for 35 dollars. and 2 acres for 50.

I need to get some good commericals

Insured and Licensed
Old 04-17-2010, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ya... a guy who I was going to start a biz w/ and had a falling out is mowing 12 acres per week cause his daddy set him up new truck, trailer, mower, trimmers everything brand new... he's mowing 12 acres for 250$ a cut... he's a freaking idiot!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2010, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

So quickbooks pro worth the $200 I believe/it is? Can I use it on say my computer now then when I buy my new one for college put it on there?
Posted via Mobile Device