Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-19-2010, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

New Website and Logo

I've been working on my website and need some feedback. I had a friend do the main design and programming and I've learned to do the editing by myself. I plan on updating it about twice a month with new tips to keep it fresh and informative.

Check out the new logo as well.

Any feedback appreciated its still a work in progress.

www.noshortcutslawncare.com
Old 04-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Sponsor

Very nice site - pleasing to the eye, simple to navigate, and good features - blog, online payment, search.

The hardest part will be to keep building your blog posts. I suggest putting yourself on a strict schedule - one a month maybe. These posts will really help you with Google since they represent new content.

I think your logo is OK, I like the idea of incorporating grass in the words. I'm wondering, however if you might make it look more trimmed and uniform - like a well cut lawn.

stevep@voltlighting.com
www.voltlighting.com

Professional Quality at a Great Price
Old 04-20-2010, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback.

We are going to work on the logo a little bit. It does need to be more trimmed. I've found that I can't get it embroidered because the clippings are too small. It has to be a huge patch to come out right.

Any one else have any comments?

Got 6 hits from lawnsite yesterday and an additional hit from google. Anyone else use google analytics to track their traffic. It's awesome!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, nice website. Simple and clean can't ask for much more then that.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by esher006 View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

We are going to work on the logo a little bit. It does need to be more trimmed. I've found that I can't get it embroidered because the clippings are too small. It has to be a huge patch to come out right.

Any one else have any comments?

Got 6 hits from lawnsite yesterday and an additional hit from google. Anyone else use google analytics to track their traffic. It's awesome!
It's quite acceptable to use a simplified logo for embroidery. Also to change the colors as required - as long as it is still recognizable and distinctive. I've found it necessary to develop about 15 different versions of our logo that vary according to venue, background, size, etc.

In fact, when you have a good design firm craft a logo, they develop all the versions and create an 'acceptable use' document.

stevep@voltlighting.com
www.voltlighting.com

Professional Quality at a Great Price
Old 04-25-2010, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Member

I like it. Easy to read, online bill pay even has a little calender right along side current weather conditions. Mower image pops right off the screen, very cool.

I did sniff this...
Researchers at the University of Queensland have recently released a study linking the smell of freshly cut grass to improved memory and increased happiness. The study concluded that chemicals contained in the scent of freshly mowed grass act upon the areas of the brain that regulate emotion and memory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvyMbaWC-sI