Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-22-2010, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

the video on your site is extremely slow to load or buff.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 04-22-2010, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

$29.95 a month. Any time you don't feel you are getting value, you can stop. But I promise, it's worth every penny!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

video is running better now. I still dont know what your offering for $360 a year. Document library may be of use.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 04-23-2010, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have many more training videos in our resource center. We spend a great deal of time helping our Premium members implement what we call our "building blocks." 1) establishing production ratios, 2) Our bidding and estimating system, 3) Job tracking, 4) How to use these systems as a "sales tool" 5) Managing your "critical numbers" from the administrative side

If and when you have any trouble implementing any of these systems, you can contact us and we will help you conquer those problems.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

guys $360 a year sounds like a lot all at once. but if you think about it, it is less than a dollar a day. I'd say if you added it up, you spend more than that on gatorade in a year. this money is an actual investment in your business( which is likely tax deductable). Money spent learning to grow your company or a soda?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tommy,

I believe I understand what you are saying, and I use this formula myself, but tell me if this is wrong. I think some guys on LS need to understand that your $20 per/hr EXAMPLE is a per man hourly rate. So essentially it is $40 per hour when the both of you work, correct? I think guys may think you are telling them it is $20/hr when both of you work. Again if I am wrong please correct me.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
Tommy,

I believe I understand what you are saying, and I use this formula myself, but tell me if this is wrong. I think some guys on LS need to understand that your $20 per/hr EXAMPLE is a per man hourly rate. So essentially it is $40 per hour when the both of you work, correct? I think guys may think you are telling them it is $20/hr when both of you work. Again if I am wrong please correct me.
no we understand what he is saying and just is using it as an example. However, it costs $20 a man hour just in payroll per person once you ad on benefits and insurance. Employees are there to make you money not just them.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 04-26-2010, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
no we understand what he is saying and just is using it as an example. However, it costs $20 a man hour just in payroll per person once you ad on benefits and insurance. Employees are there to make you money not just them.
Oh I dont disagree with you and I wasnt saying it about you. Just some of the guys dreaming. I just know that for some people a little information is a bad thing and a lot of information kills them. The reason being that they cannot think outside of anything but what is in front of their face. Some hear a number, say $20/hr, and they are saying in their head "Wow there is the answer to my prayers!" And just like Ganz said, you need to have your blinders on a do what you need to do for YOUR business not mine, yours, or the next guys. That is the problem with the whole asking "What to charge?" questions. People should ask more of the production rate and time stuff rather that what to charge. But even that is highly variable. Again blinders on and know what you need to do. I used to ask those questions but it comes down to what your business needs, what you want as long as you are successful, and know your production capabilities.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

figuring your profit margin

Good points, just had one additional thing to offer. Marking your expense up 20% is not operating on a 20% profit margin. Your (20%) profit margin would be 20% of your total income, not 120% of your cost. Small difference, but a difference. Good luck to all, Stan
Old 07-30-2010, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
video is running better now. I still dont know what your offering for $360 a year. Document library may be of use.
You are so missing the point. The document is the fish, you don't want the fish, you want to learn to fish. Bible reference.

My coach costs $500 per month and its a bargain at that. I'm sure Tommy's info is well worth what he charges. You don't like it when your clients bleed you for info and don't want to pay you for it.

Pony up the benji's and learn to fish grasshopper.

“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.”

Tags
alma , bidding , estimating , manhour rate