Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-01-2010, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrealty View Post
Re: HL 100K 135 degree

Yeah, repeated the model number and degrees over the phone to the girl at the dealer to make sure she was quoting me the right price. Went in today to check it out and they said it was $519 (whole lot more than what she told me previously). I saw the HL 100K last time I was in. It's very nice...kinda heavy though...would need a carry strap for that one. That price is still killing me.

Is there anything else out there that has all of what the HL 100K 130 degree has in another brand that doesn't cost as much?
Somethings not right, I know of 4 Stihl dealers around me, 1 is my main dealer, the 2nd I go to from time to time for miscellaneous stuff. The 3rd and 4th I've never dealt with when buying equipment, but my point being EVERY Stihl dealer I've been to has the same DSRP for equipment as the next.

Like I said somethings not right, that dealer sounds shady to me.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer_Z View Post
Topsy, Were not talking a standard hedge trimmer here. He's wanting an EXTENDED REACH hedge trimmer, Stihl's biggest extended reach hedge trimmer(HL 100) has a DSRP of $519.95 before sales tax. Your HS45 w/24" blade comes in at $309.95 before tax, an HS 81T is $499.99(24") & $519.99(30") all before tax.
Oh, well, never mind.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer_Z View Post
Somethings not right, I know of 4 Stihl dealers around me, 1 is my main dealer, the 2nd I go to from time to time for miscellaneous stuff. The 3rd and 4th I've never dealt with when buying equipment, but my point being EVERY Stihl dealer I've been to has the same DSRP for equipment as the next.

Like I said somethings not right, that dealer sounds shady to me.
I don't mean to make excuses for her, but I think she was in a hurry and was disregarding my detailed description of what I wanted (she didn't pay attention to the important part: 135 degree.)

Concerning the DSRP. If you check the stihl web site, you will see that the prices for the exact same products vary from dealer to dealer, typically changing by region (not usually within city). I put in a number of different cities in different states, and then looked at particular products and there was in fact much variation from one area to the next when it came to price.

Tags
stihl hl 45 hedge trimmer