Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-23-2010, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Zone Start

I am getting ready to purchase a heavy duty 21 and dont understand what zone start is? I understand BBC and desire that but I think I can also get it with zone start. I have looked everywhere and cant get a straight answer on it.

Also, is the hi-vac bagger discontinued for 2010? I see it on the website specs but its not included in the 2010 Brochure. Would there be a reason for me to go with a hi-vac over say model 22188 or 22198? Is the bagger larger on the hi-vac vs the heavy duty recycler?

Thanks

Bob
Old 05-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Sponsor

rlong97150 -

BBC stands for blade brake control. When the operator is mowing and releases the handle and bail the blades stop turning, but the engine remains running. Whereas on a zone-start mower, the engine and blades shut off when the operator releases the handle and bail, requiring the operator to re-start the engine.

Yes, hi-vac model production was discontinued in 2010 due to weak demand. The model remains on our site because some inventory remains at dealerships, although availability is very spotty. The 22188/98 model is equipped to bag and mulch, whereas the hi-vac model was a dedicated bagger (part of its demise). Both mowers are BBC models, bag size is comparable and engines and fuel tank capacity are the same. You can't go wrong with the 22188/98.

-The Toro Company