Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-15-2006, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Greentouch Trimmer rack install question; which side?

Hey,

Got a couple Q's. I have a 3 space trimmer rack and i'm wondering what side to put the rack on. I have a 6 by 12 with a 4 foot side gate on the CURB SIDE. I'm thinking about putting the trimmer rack on the DRIVERS SIDE facing inwards. Is this a good or a bad idea? Does everyone usually face them in or outwards? I could put it on my passenger side but that side has less space. Also as far as a blower rack goes should it face in or outwards? I always thought that IN was better for everything since even though its locked its hard to steal facing in then out.

Cheers
Jeff
Old 06-15-2006, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I like my racks facing out on the curbside(passenger side) of my trailer. Quick to get on and off. I do not have to get on the trailer to get the trimmers off the rack and my backpack blower is on the front of my trailer facing out. Same reason. Works for me.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
I like my racks facing out on the curbside(passenger side) of my trailer. Quick to get on and off. I do not have to get on the trailer to get the trimmers off the rack and my backpack blower is on the front of my trailer facing out. Same reason. Works for me.
Same here. Racks on the passenger side, blower rack at the front facing out. Easy access to all without having to get in the trailer. Do what is comfortable and easiest to access for you. If someone wants them bad enough, locked or not locked, facing in or out, they'll get them one way or another. Just keep a close eye on everything and once you put something away, lock it right away. It'll help.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've got my trimmer racks on the front of my trailer. This way i can pull my sides off and still load/unload pallets, but it is my only trailer that i use for landscaping too.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Time is money-- curb side for sure-- do you have the space behing the side gate--
Old 06-18-2006, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ok. Another Q. I have the 2 spot holder holding all echo trimmers and an edger. How far appart do you mount the 2 stands?

Cheers
Jeff
Old 06-22-2006, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Member

about 3 feet apart. Hog tie your racks with hog rack!!
www.bushhogman.com
Old 05-19-2010, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I put mine on the drivers side. Would have preferred the passenger, but my side gate doesnt leave enough room. Kinda like it on that side, Its easier to keep an eye on going down the road. It is a pita to walk around though. Normally if I'm not using my 36" which is what my side gate is for then I park with the drivers side on the curb. Seems to keep a$$holes from flying up on me too when they are facing a f-350 with a huge brushguard and KC lights that they dont wanna get too close. Even with cones out some people fly right up to them, even had a few taken out before.

6x12 Trailer with side and back gate

52" Scag wb w/ velkie

36" Scag wb w/ velkie

Toro 21"

Sthil Handhelds

Echo Backpack Blower