Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-10-2009, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Granstand ground speed way too slow!

Can anyone tell me how to increase the ground speed on these machines...they are not much faster than our walk behinds.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Sponsor

Exmarkdude -

Forward ground speed on the GrandStand is 8 mph. Perhaps the variable speed control lever is set in the slow position. Please double check to see if the variable speed control lever (next to PTO) is set in the fast position (all the way forward) . If it is set properly, then I would suggest having your dealer update the throttle control cable/lever (reference service bulletin # 4 Stand-On mowers ). This requires a new part, so check with your dealer in advance to ensure he orders the part and has it available when you bring your mower in.

- The Toro Company

Last edited by The Toro Company; 10-13-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i have had a similar problem with ours...our groundspeed forward and reverse are just out of whack, neither match up...for example, if you were to put both levers forward you would eventually do a complete circle, and it's even worse in reverse...the left lever in forward is about 1 - 2 mph faster than the other, so if the right one were to match up with the left then i don't think there would be a problem...i took them in to the dealer and i got the idea they just didn't want to mess with the problem because it was tidious work but they tweaked it before i left and it made the controls very stiff in operation and they still aren't matched up...so to sum it up, what should i do about this?
Old 05-23-2010, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey jbell36,
Did you ever get this tracking & speed issue resolved? If you did will you please tell me what was done to the mower. I purchased a new 52 inch grandstand a few weeks ago and it is doing exactly what yours was doing. The dealer I bought it from is an hour and a half from me and when I call and explain this issue they tell me it does'nt make any sense. If you can help me with this it will save me over a half day of my time taking the mower back to the dealer. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Member

my issue is in the position of reverse...the right side is way underpowered compared to the left, and this is with dealer service .