Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-23-2010, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProshopPB View Post

rock + mower blade could = debt for life depending on what it hits. Insurance and taxes are a must my friend. Man up and do it right so you and your family wont have to worry about lawsuits lingering over your heads. Good luck!
good point. yeah i dont wanna have to pay for the death of a small kid or anything. but id like to make enough to make it worth registering though. i want to have a good business running and substantial client base before i commit to the business. plus im in school, a hard one at that, so working during the school year is usually condemned. idk man. you got a good point though. ima see what i can do. and thanks for the guy hammerin my head. got the point across. lol.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Member

im 18 and im registered, pay taxes, have insurance, a p.o box, i bill my customers with invoices, im working on a website, but general equipment you'll need is a string trimmer, blower, and definitely a mower, but get the best that you can afford, it pays off in the future, and always maintain your equipment routinely, saves a lot of money! good luck!

Marc

1989 Ford F250 XLT Lariat 4x4 351ci
6x12 Single Axel Open Trailer
Cub Cadet G1548 48" Walk-behind
Bagging System
JRCO Dethatcher
JRCO Leaf Plow
Billy Goat TR800 Leaf Loader
Honda 21" Push Mower
2 Husqvarna 128LD String Trimmers
2 Husqvarna 150BT Backpack Blowers
Husqvarna Hedge Trimmer
Husqvarna 455 Rancher Chain Saw
Echo SRM-225 String Trimmer
Echo PE-225 Edger
Poulan Pro PP3516AVX Chainsaw
1969 Wheel Horse Raider 10
Old 05-24-2010, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Lawn care Invoice Service

First month FREE, introducing a new web portal at http://www.MyLawnConnect.com

MyLawnConnect is a professional billing service for lawn care professionals. Our system allows you to easily track your customers, services, and completed jobs in real-time. Have a phone? then you can mark jobs completed by sending a text message. Our system takes care of the rest by creating your invoices. We send them out for on your behalf either paper or email. All you have to do is sit back and receive the payments. You can even accept credit card payments.

NO contract, NO setup fees.

Please contact us with any questions at 314-630-6982.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

thank you guys it has been very usefull. 1 question for N.H.BOY what do i need 100 bucks for and where do i give that 100 bucks too? thank you!!
Old 05-25-2010, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Member

the 100 bucks is to register with the state

Bagging System
JRCO Dethatcher
JRCO Leaf Plow
Honda 21" Push Mower
Husqvarna Hedge Trimmer
Echo PE-225 Edger
Old 05-25-2010, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I love how people make this seem so simple and easy. The truth is, first you need goals in place, What kind of business is this gonna be for you, full time, side work etc? Then you can figure out which business entity will suit your needs better. Obviously you need insurance, equipment, and to licensed and registered, but to do this the right way, and make a good investment.....there's so much more to it, and money. Just my 2 cents......7 years plus in the business.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Scape View Post
I love how people make this seem so simple and easy. The truth is, first you need goals in place, What kind of business is this gonna be for you, full time, side work etc? Then you can figure out which business entity will suit your needs better. Obviously you need insurance, equipment, and to licensed and registered, but to do this the right way, and make a good investment.....there's so much more to it, and money. Just my 2 cents......7 years plus in the business.
i agree, im on my second year of work with my own business, 5th year all of landscaping all together, and it anything but easy. i have my goals set and im working little by little to get to them, i plan on doing landscaping as a career and im taking a few classes this summer, business management, and i always want to get into some hardscaping, but thats later im trying ot focus on right now, but hes right, there is A LOT to consider

Bagging System
JRCO Dethatcher
JRCO Leaf Plow
Honda 21" Push Mower
Husqvarna Hedge Trimmer
Echo PE-225 Edger
Old 05-27-2010, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Scape View Post
u read my mind. since i dont have to say that......i just started this year and already have spent over $8,000 and still dont have new mowers, etc. there are alot of things that u dont think about be4 u get into this that u run into, that cost MONEY! do urself a favor and save ur money so u can do this right. once u have enough money to buy the right equipment, then start setting ur game plan. sorry to sound rude, but if u dont even know how to obtain or what a state business license is at the very least....ur not going to get very far. good luck
Old 05-29-2010, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.H.BOY View Post
Stay in school, but you need to resiter with the state(really easy in N.H.), 100 bucks a year and you need to get insurance like the others said and become an LLC. Im from N.H. as well so good luck to ya kid.
Advice is fine till he's in your neck of the woods. No insurance, 15yrs old, full of vinegar and no overhead. Man, he'll undercut and kill your cashflow. You guys deserve it for giving advice so freely.

Lawncare is one of the only types of business where trade secrets are given away so easily.

I find it so innocent. Look around, where else do you see business people giving other starting companies all kinds of tips and tricks. Grow up, that is why the lawncare business is a joke.

Lame

Old 05-29-2010, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuraCutter View Post
Advice is fine till he's in your neck of the woods. No insurance, 15yrs old, full of vinegar and no overhead. Man, he'll undercut and kill your cashflow. You guys deserve it for giving advice so freely.

Lawncare is one of the only types of business where trade secrets are given away so easily.

I find it so innocent. Look around, where else do you see business people giving other starting companies all kinds of tips and tricks. Grow up, that is why the lawncare business is a joke.

Lame

Or maybe the people that are successful feel educating society is a good thing specially when they ask for help. The successful people also don't worry about a little competition. Competition keeps you on your toes business wise.