Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-24-2010, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a 52" Scag WB with a Sulky I will sell you for $1,500. I'm in Douglasville GA. 35 mi from Alabama State line on I-20. PM me if interested.

6x12 Trailer with side and back gate

52" Scag wb w/ velkie

36" Scag wb w/ velkie

Toro 21"

Sthil Handhelds

Echo Backpack Blower
Old 05-24-2010, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Member

If you have another $1,500, I would go to a hustler dealer and get one of their residental units. You could get the 42" sport for $3000 brand new. Its got a briggs and straton engine, but for a little more you could get a honda engine. Hustler is much better than deere or troy bilt. They say the sport is built to the same standards as the commercial units. I have had it for 3 months and it works amazing.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

$1300!? look on Craigslist and get a used Walk Behind. i got my 07 gravely 36" w/ 176 hrs for 1100. u can find a 48" for around that price probably too. i wouldnt get either. do urself the favor and save up a couple hundred more and u will find a nice mower. if u are absolutely stuck on this kids mower then go for the deere. but u could go on CL right now and find a good WB in ur area no doubt in my mind for 1300
Old 05-25-2010, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkirbygmc View Post
If you have another $1,500, I would go to a hustler dealer and get one of their residental units. You could get the 42" sport for $3000 brand new. Its got a briggs and straton engine, but for a little more you could get a honda engine. Hustler is much better than deere or troy bilt. They say the sport is built to the same standards as the commercial units. I have had it for 3 months and it works amazing.
You can get a used Exmark Laser Z (60' deck) for $3000. When spending that kind of money, go commercial..
Old 05-25-2010, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Member

well if I had $3000 on hand I would do that but i dont... Unless i can find somewhere that gives a line of credit.

How bout this one, They are selling this one at Tractor supply on sale this weekend for 2899 and i can probably get credit there..

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/s...1_600000_33817
Old 05-25-2010, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The Troy-Bilt Z and the Cub Z are basically the same unit with different paint and decals, both made by MTD.

The JD rider is not a real JD, probably made by AYP or MTD. A real JD will say "Made in Moline" and hold its value.

Probably the weakest point in all of the three you mentioned is the hydro trannies. They don't have a filter or drain plug, and you can't change the oil.

If your friend is a careful driver and takes good care of his truck, don't gun it out of the blocks, is a stickler for doing the maintenance on all his stuff, that tells you something. If he ain't, that tells you something too.

If you just have to have a rider you can't afford commercial. A Lazer for 3K is pretty hard to find, I never seen one.

You have to weigh everything, make your business decision, and hope for the best.

I went with the wb, new, belt drive, eXmark Metro 32. Very reliable. Got a heck of a deal on it -- I think because everyone wants a rider and it had been on the floor quite awhile. It was right for me, but not for everybody.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I still think the hustler sport will be your best bet. Just go to a hustler dealer and apply for the credit and see if you get it.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Is the skag mower a floating deck? It didn't look like it in the video, just asking.