Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-07-2010, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Owners manual

Thank You for the owners manual!!
Hopefully the cost of rebuild isn't to crazy, I will have it done anyways,
Not that I have the money to throw around. My near future plan is to bring it back to factory new. Other than the engine needing rebuilt the rest of the mower is complete and in perfect shape. I know some powder coating companies that would strip it and recoat for next to nothing. It may sound kind of crazy to put money into an old mowerb but there's something about it that apeals to me. Not to mention when it ran it cut the yard with great ease.
Thanks again for sharing the owners manual, when I'm finished reduing the old Power Pro I'll attach photo.
[QUOTE=LarryF;3595570]A copy of the owners manual is attached. I had drained the gasoline from mine and have it stored in a safe dry place, so I'm not using it any more, but nonetheless, I don't want to sell it. I'm certain that you won't be able to buy a replacement engine, so if you want to use yours some more, it looks like you will have to have the engine rebuilt.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpro44 View Post
Thank You for the owners manual!!
Hopefully the cost of rebuild isn't to crazy, I will have it done anyways,
Not that I have the money to throw around. My near future plan is to bring it back to factory new. Other than the engine needing rebuilt the rest of the mower is complete and in perfect shape. I know some powder coating companies that would strip it and recoat for next to nothing. It may sound kind of crazy to put money into an old mowerb but there's something about it that apeals to me. Not to mention when it ran it cut the yard with great ease.
Thanks again for sharing the owners manual, when I'm finished reduing the old Power Pro I'll attach photo.
I'm surprised you would want to do that. I bought mine in 1965 and got about 40 years of service from it before I put it in storage, so I'm just hanging on to it for sentimental reasons. I expect that you'll have trouble getting parts for it should they be needed. But good luck anyway. Let me know if I can be of more help.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Hahn 22 inch mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryF View Post
I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell off your chair laughing at me, but they are for a 1965, 22-inch, self-propelled Hahn-Eclipse POW-R-PRO. I had to replace the engine about a dozen years back, but the mower still runs great. However, the tires are starting to disintegrate from old age. They are unusual tires, so I am providing a photo. As you can see, the rim has 12 quarter-inch projection around the perimeter which I don't know the name of, but they might be called tenons; and the inside perimeter of the rubber tire has grooves those tenons fit into. So a conventional tire won't do. With all of the knowledge and experience Lawnsite members have, I wonder if anyone knows where I might buy those tires. The old ones have the Hahn-Eclipse name and a part number 33085.
To Larry F
Phil F not sure how this works but I have a hahn 22" power pro looks like a 3.5 hp briggs it is set up found it on junk day in town picked it up before the scrappers got it. I use to work on them in school have ring sets and carb parts from when I use to work on them. If possible Larry could you send me a copy of the parts list of the mower you said you had. thanks Phil

Last edited by Phil F; 05-30-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Phil.

I don't think I responded to your request for the Hahn-Eclipse manual, but I apologize and here it is now. Sorry about that, but I haven't been looking at the LawnSite stuff for quite a while.

Larry
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Hahn-Eclipse parts list.PDF (685.4 KB, 19 views)
Old 06-13-2012, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Cedar22

I have owned since new (a long time ago!) a Hahn Eclipse 21" self-propelled mower with the larger rear wheels that are "cogged." The are driven by smaller "cogged" gear wheels driven by the 3.5 hp B&S engine. Everything runs well and there is a lot of life left in the engine and mower. PROBLEM: The rubber "cogged" treads on the rear tires are dry and starting to disintegrate. They are approx. 15 and 3/4 inches overall diameter. I have read through all the posts and am not sure if these are the same tires (or spoked wheels) discussed, but I definitely would like to locate a source for the hard rubber "cogged" tires or the entire wheel and tire unit. When the "clutch" lever in engaged, the engine driven small "cogged" sprockets engage the rear wheels and drive the mower forward. Any suggestions? Feel free to email me at cdrose@ix.netcom.com Thanks, Cedar22
Old 06-14-2012, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar22 View Post
I have owned since new (a long time ago!) a Hahn Eclipse 21" self-propelled mower with the larger rear wheels that are "cogged." The are driven by smaller "cogged" gear wheels driven by the 3.5 hp B&S engine. Everything runs well and there is a lot of life left in the engine and mower. PROBLEM: The rubber "cogged" treads on the rear tires are dry and starting to disintegrate. They are approx. 15 and 3/4 inches overall diameter. I have read through all the posts and am not sure if these are the same tires (or spoked wheels) discussed, but I definitely would like to locate a source for the hard rubber "cogged" tires or the entire wheel and tire unit. When the "clutch" lever in engaged, the engine driven small "cogged" sprockets engage the rear wheels and drive the mower forward. Any suggestions? Feel free to email me at cdrose@ix.netcom.com Thanks, Cedar22
Our Hahn Eclipse mowers might be different. My rear wheels are 10.5" x 1.75" and shown in Post #1 and the mower itself in Post #7. Miller had mine, but that was six years ago. If they don't have yours, I doubt if you'll find what you are looking for
Old 06-14-2012, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Cedar22

Many thanks. Do you have any contact information for Miller? I am pretty sure our wheels and tires are different. My Hahn has decals on it that say it is an "Eclipse 21"" mower. My "cogged" hard rubber "tires" are mounted on bicycle-like wire spoked chrome wheels. Cedar22
Old 06-14-2012, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have a Hahn Eclipse in my barn -- been there for decades! I will try to remember to pull it out this weekend, shoot some pics and see if there is any part that is useful.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar22 View Post
Many thanks. Do you have any contact information for Miller? I am pretty sure our wheels and tires are different. My Hahn has decals on it that say it is an "Eclipse 21"" mower. My "cogged" hard rubber "tires" are mounted on bicycle-like wire spoked chrome wheels. Cedar22
http://www.millertire.com/

This is the place I got mine from. I haven't bought anything from them since, but I still get flyers from them once in a while.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Amazing this thread is still going after 6 years! I just came across it. I read in here a lot but never comment. This however prompted me to say something.

Larry, did you ever get your tires mounted? I ask, because I used to collect Eclipse mowers (before Hahn bought out the Eclipse company of Prophetstown, IL) they used the same wheel/tires. Hard rubber semi-pneumatic. I had several old reels, manual and powered. (Google Eclipse Rocket or Parkhound for an example) An uncle of mine told me he used to have to replace those tires when he worked at the hardware store as a kid. Said they'd cut the old one off, clean the rim, then heat the new tire in a pot of oil. It would soften and expand in the heat. You pull it out of the oil and you'd have about 30 seconds to get the tire on before it cools too much to get it on the rim and have to try again. As it cooled, it contracted to the rim, nice and tight. I never tried this myself, as I just displayed them as they were, but perhaps this little tip can help someone else down the road.