Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-11-2009, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight511 View Post
And that is what made me think it could be electrical.
let me throw my two cents in here. I don't think your problem is electrical...but I did have a Shindawa that had bad wires coming from the throttle back to the engine. One of them was cracked, and every time you applied power, the trimmer would vibrate a little which caused the wire to rub against the side of the engine and ground out....

I think you have an air leak some where. When you had the carb off, did you take the insulator off and clean the pulse port hole ? It runs through the insulator, in to the cylinder. I use a piece of a coat hanger to clean them out. Also, if you take the insulator off, make sure that the end that goes up against the cylinder is flat/square. I have seen them warp. Also, check to see if the bolts/nuts that hold the cylinder on are tight and there is no liquid/dampness (oily) any where around that base. Lastly, the seals, if you have any dampness (oily) behind the recoil starter or the fly wheel, those seals should be replaced....

Good Luck

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic

RTFM What a concept

Old 05-11-2009, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight511 View Post
Did you bother to read the thread before responding? We have covered all of this
upps sorry to waste your time........I work on them as mechanic for our business but quess I don't read so good.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
upps sorry to waste your time........I work on them as mechanic for our business but quess I don't read so good.
NP... I have done just about all I could think of... up to replaciong the carb with a known good carb.... so now I will check the magneto one more time... and inspect all of the wiring to make sure I don't have a short...

And there are no fluid leaks on my engine...
Old 06-07-2010, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Member

What happened with this?
Old 06-08-2010, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Ooops.... I thought I updated this. After replacing everything dealing with fuel delivery, I determined it was either the spark or the motor was beyond repair. I took a shot and order a replacement coil/ignition module (like $35) and replaced it...

VIOLA!

Motor runs like the day I bought it again.

Tags
echo , srm-230 , throttle , trimmer