Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-09-2010, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Member

MTD LT1642 Lawn Tractor

I've been using this older MTD mower as a pull mower for mulch, tow attachments in fenced backyards and the occasional snow plowing. A good mower that still runs good. Now its time to replace the front and rear drive belts. I've changed them in the past but can't find the owners manual for instruction. The model number is faded out and very hard to read certain numkbers.

Can someone provide me with a model number for this mower so I can download the manual...

Thanks,

Jnt412..
Old 06-09-2010, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Did you get it from one of the big box stores? If I remember correctly, the 16 hp was the 600 series. If you have a lowes nearby you can check with them and the parts references. I sold them for 10 yrs so I/m pretty sure it's 600 series. Good luck
Old 06-10-2010, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Bought it from a buddy of mine years ago. Back then I was able to read the model and serial from under the seat. Fixed the engine, replaced wheels, belts. etc.. Now I have misplaced the manual and can't make out the model and serial. Just called MTD and they couldn't help.

All I need is the first four numbers of the model number, then I can do a search of the manual on MTD's site. The mower is older.. probably built around 82-88..
Old 06-11-2010, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Member

After some intense searching on MTD's site for the correct manual. I found some documents pertaining to the engine I have. I was able to replace the belts and adjust the parking brake yesterday after work...

The transaxle is leaking grease though. Plan to clean it up and put silcone sealant around the contact points and install a grease fitting. This should hold me up until winter.