Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-16-2010, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clif View Post
Who has a cheap shipping price for the sticker, the sites I looked at wanted about $10 for shipping and about $5 for the sticker. $10 is crazy for something that weighs almost nothing and can fit inside an envelope!!!
Hate to say it but you may come out cheaper to get it at the dealer. No shipping but probably $10+ on the decal itself.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name Taken View Post
Hate to say it but you may come out cheaper to get it at the dealer. No shipping but probably $10+ on the decal itself.
Yea, they don't charge me to ship... just didn't want to drive there, but to save $10 I will. Unless someone knows of free shipping elsewhere.... Thanks
Old 06-19-2010, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name Taken View Post
Ordered my parts from Mowpart.com yesterday. Still unsure on wether I should wait till the engine warranty expires or not to do the install. I know I'll go ahead and install the oil cooler.

If you could use the extra hp I say go for it anyway, the shop will never notice the subtle difference unless you point it out to them as underpsi mentioned earlier. If something goes wrong later with your engine, don't mention anything about the mod to them, just let them fix it, and I wouldn't change the sticker just yet either until that warranty expires...
Old 07-11-2010, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

This is some good info
Old 07-16-2010, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Is it possible to do this mod with the FH580V 19hp Kaw? Its on the new Scag Tiger cats

If I can't buy I new shaft could I atleast grind down the factory one?
Old 07-16-2010, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillRyan View Post
Is it possible to do this mod with the FH580V 19hp Kaw? Its on the new Scag Tiger cats

I don't think this mod will work on your engine as the fh580v is a different engine series and displacement .The fh601v to the fh721 are the same displacement with the only real difference between them is the carb shaft and on the fh721 it also has an oil cooler.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

I think fatboynormmie is correct. Your 19 hp replaced mine, as they no longer produce it in the 675cc block. Your engine cc size is smaller, and I think if I can remember correctly, you have the bigger hp engine of your series, I believe the other was a 17 hp. Of course, you could always pull the carburetor and check to see how far the valve opens... but something tells me you are already maxed out in hp.

Not that this matters to you, but just looking at other kawasaki engines, it looks like you could maybe boost the 34 hp to 37hp, and I think the 27 hp to 29 hp, assuming all the other stuff is the same like the FH601v vs. FH721v. The FX series I'm talking about, newer engines. Some food for thought when purchasing a new mower... go for the smaller "upgradeable" engine on the same mower to save hundreds of $$$.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Dang, oh well. But one of these days I'll check on the valves and see what I can do.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Dang, oh well. But one of these days I'll check on the valves and see what I can do.
The thing that bothers me is that any mower manufacturer (most around here are guilty of this) would even consider a small 19hp engine on a full commercial mower, like mine, 9mph with a 52" deck. Don't even think about cutting tall and thick grass, let alone wet clovers. You will bog down or kill, and be forced to cut it extra tall, really slow, and twice. Talk about inefficient. Guess that's why they did away with the mini z's.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Member

what is the part number for the shaft on a 23 hp kawi. I also have a FH series 19hp but I think 23 hp would be plenty.