Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-26-2010, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

When you go to start your backpack blower and the string breaks.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoy landscaping View Post
... when its hot out and you forget to check how much line the trimmer has. then it runs out the farthest possible place from the truck. ...
I know, I hate that, too. Now I keep 15' of trimmer line in my back pocket.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Toys
i got this one..i started out with no toys(i was like nice this gonna be easy)
now since each week i've gone there to cut there been a new toy
I'm taking up lots of time moving them toys to mow

when you you mow near the fence and the land is lower..and you have to back up and restart because the mower is leaning against the fence

When you run out of gas in the mower or *trimmer(*and cant find the oil to mix the gas with)

When people forget to pay three times and more
21" Toro Super bagger 2011
Old 06-26-2010, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Hidden tree stumps that the people have cut short enough so it just barley clips the mower and you can see it over the grass. PITA customers.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

People who say pop instead of cold drink, say dinner instead of supper. People who blog, tweet, twitter, twitch, and leave cookies and milk. People who say freaking and frickin'. People who walk their dogs (unless its a hound dog). People who don't wear hats with a full brim. People who don't hunt. People who ask silly questions. BP, politicians, think tanks, big media, taxes, foreign oil, speed limits, time clocks, unruly children. People who don't know what greens are, don't like grits, can't cook biscuits, and have never had field corn. Both red necks and the people who do not like red necks. City people and country people with the exception of those who need their lawn kept. The list could go on and on.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah ! What's up with this !?

neighbors that make a couple passes on my customers property on 2" setting,
Lately one neighbor has been cutting more and more. Like he's helping ? Either cut it all or don't and for crying out loud raise your damn deck ! There's a reason my lawns are the greenest for the longest period of time. We've had almost 3 inches of rain in 10-12 days and he's still got brown patches.
Oh, that and spider webs across my sunglasses and face. No big deal just irritating.
Marty
Old 06-26-2010, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

same hose pipe I have to pick up every week with the same customer. I've even gone so far as to drag it into the driveway so that they have to move it to park. Does no good. Elderly customers stopping me to talk...walking right up to me while I'm mowing or trimming. people trying to talk to me while I have the worktunes on. Glad to see others have the reception issues I have with worktunes. We have this crappy little local station that bleeds over EVERYTHING...you know the one....has the obituaries six times a day. farm report. police report. SUCKS
Old 06-26-2010, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Member

I wish my customers neighbors would freaking cut on 2 inch! I call them Indian mowers because they just go out and scalp the darn yard then it looks like hell on the edges.

And seems my trimmer always runs out of string or gas clear on the back of the property.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

low branches
out of control bushes
animal dung
moving anything away
trampolines
stihl HH blower
Homelite BB blower
5X8 trailer
Toyota Tundra
Old 06-26-2010, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Member

How bout people with a trillion law chairs in the back yard around a pool???? Im like its bad enough im push mowing it and now i gotta move all ur crap and put ti back. im gonna start charging. My BIGGEST thing that bugs me is when people come out and talk my ear off for 20 mins... it will either be something business related or just to shoot the breeze. I work part time for my brother in laws company, so when i get out of my normal job at 3pm im usually mowing by 3:30. I like to be done around 6:30 or 7:00pm so when these people wanna talk it kills me..... Yes i hate the low tree branhes as well, especially when i forget i have a role bar, then mower ketch's a branch just right and the mower does a wheelie. Good times