Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-06-2010, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag Tri Vantage Any Good?

I found a Scag Tri Vantage 52" mower on CL and I can't find much info about them. I know the exmark Tri vantage decks clump in wet grass/weeds but I cant figure out if the scag and exmark mowers have the same deck or if it's a completely different design.

I have a scag 52" Advantage but a floating deck would be great and it is a hydro at only $1,100..... I could either fix it up and sell it or use it and sell my current Scag 52".

So does this mower look like a good deal to you, or is the deck just a bad design and not worth the money?

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/grd/1745639892.html
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 06-06-2010, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Scag never made a trivantage deck. Only exmark made one. Im pretty sure that he meant to write advantage because that is what would have come on the machine then.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

It looks like an old style Scag deck which cut fine. It's not an a advantage deck by the front edge of the deck is flat. I don't remember anti scalp rollers like those on the deck either but they could of have them. You can look at manuals on Scag's website to see what that year looked like also.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

some people are ******ed. if your trying to sell something you need to have your facts straight.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So is it a good deal then?
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 06-07-2010, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_cut View Post
I found a Scag Tri Vantage 52" mower on CL and I can't find much info about them. I know the exmark Tri vantage decks clump in wet grass/weeds but I cant figure out if the scag and exmark mowers have the same deck or if it's a completely different design.

I have a scag 52" Advantage but a floating deck would be great and it is a hydro at only $1,100..... I could either fix it up and sell it or use it and sell my current Scag 52".

So does this mower look like a good deal to you, or is the deck just a bad design and not worth the money?

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/grd/1745639892.html

I seen it on craiglist the other day.

If it were that good of a deal, it would be gone! Plus it looks like its a Briggs engine, which means its been more than likely not original.
I wouldnt mess with it, unless you check it out and they'd take about $800 for it.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

By the way guys, I emailed the guy with some questions and he responded "Not Interested" I think he said he didn't want to sell it any more.

Now it's back up again http://charlotte.craigslist.org/grd/1792808202.html

Haha, whatever.

Tags
exmark , scag , tri , tri vantage , vantage