Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-19-2010, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh and IQ does not include a computer. You need to install the software on your own computer and depending on your connection method you'll either need a phone line or an internet connection to connect to the field satellites.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hanson View Post
Oh and IQ does not include a computer. You need to install the software on your own computer and depending on your connection method you'll either need a phone line or an internet connection to connect to the field satellites.
I would prefer that the software be installed on our computers or web-based. I have my computer in the office or the laptop in the truck I can dial in from.

Connection would have to be cellular as there is zero way to get a POTS line to where the controller is located.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You can get a cell based connection for the IQ. I have no idea what it costs. RB seems to be secretive about what device they use and who supplies it..... probably because they buy it, mark it up by double and then sell it to the end user....
Old 06-30-2010, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am sort of in your area (Plainfield) and have a couple of solutions that will fit your requirements. ET Water was mentioned, this would work - but I would steer you toward Baseline as this can communicate via cell modem, can use both two-wire and conventional wire from the same controller (great for add-ons). The software resides on their computers and everything is done over the internet - you can be anywhere with an internet connection and monitor/manipulate the controllers.

PM for more information, I would be glad to help you out.