Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LushGreenLawn View Post

Yeah, and before someone brings up the "But they do the jobs no one else like to do" let me remind you that there are plenty of people living in America that would like to work in construction!

Even better is when people say "But who's going to mow our grass?"
send them my way then. minimum wage and no benifits. no drug addicts though. plenty of jobs in the construction biz around here to fill.

SFLQPRU President

L.G.U.!
*iowaflag*
:sfl flag:
Old 09-01-2008, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Mabye thats the problem, minumum wage and no benefits. There are plenty of jobs to fill because even the illegals won't work for that.

Around here an illegal immigrent doing general labor work gets $12+ per hour. (Still no benefits of course) Someone that is experienced gets lots more.

I find it interesting that in the State of Delaware, there are abount 12,000 unemployed individuals, and unemployed individual being described as someone activley looking for work.

There are also an estimated 12,000 illegal immigrents living in our state. I realize that some of the unemployed people are working the system, but not nearly as many as you think.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

oh so those americans only want those jobs if they pay $30 an hr like GM used to before they went broke. is that what youre saying?

companies around here im sure wish they could pay that much... but the american consumer has come to expect everything should get cheaper every year just cause it does at walmart. not to mention the over ubundance of cops, firefighters, and other americans jumping into the biz illegally for some weekend beer cash. they dont pay the same overhead we do so they can charge less thus giving the consumers the idea thats all anyone should charge. how are we supposed to pay american employees $30/hr if american consumers only want to pay $20 a yard.

americas greediness is going to be its downfall in the global economy.

SFLQPRU President

L.G.U.!
*iowaflag*
:sfl flag:
Old 09-02-2008, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianslawn View Post
And there ya have it.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Member

More oppurtunities for American LCO! I love it!
Old 07-01-2010, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianslawn View Post
oh so those americans only want those jobs if they pay $30 an hr like GM used to before they went broke. is that what youre saying?

companies around here im sure wish they could pay that much... but the american consumer has come to expect everything should get cheaper every year just cause it does at walmart. not to mention the over ubundance of cops, firefighters, and other americans jumping into the biz illegally for some weekend beer cash. they dont pay the same overhead we do so they can charge less thus giving the consumers the idea thats all anyone should charge. how are we supposed to pay american employees $30/hr if american consumers only want to pay $20 a yard.

commentec before i realized this post was 2 years old....lol
20' landscape trailer - 6.5x12 landscape trailer
5x10 utility trailer
3- 60" lazers, 1- 72" lazer 1- 36" W/B
15 shindaiwa handhelds, 3 echo saws
36" stihl chainsaw
2 fs100rx's, 2 br600 magnum FS94R, KM90
'92 long 2360/6'king kutter w/7.5x18 trailer

lawn sprinklers save your grass, fire sprinklers save your -----

Last edited by ffemt1271; 07-01-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm pleasantly surprised to see the tide has turned on this site. I am active on the political side trying to get people elected that want America to be what it once was. I posted a thread that was taken down because it was critical of the Spanish speaking site new to this owners forum. I don't blame them for protecting their business but I wouldn't help any business that advanced the illegal immigration by offering jobs or supporting their criminal act of violating our immigration laws.
A decade ago on this site I was speaking to a deaf crowd about how illegals will cost America in the future. "There great workers" "their not drunks or druggies". fast forward to today and there are people asking my son for a job all the time. States are finding out just how much illegals cost them in social services and school costs. Many are now facing bankruptcy! I now many trades business' that are struggling do to competition from illegal labor. The one's that survive lay off their workers and then hire them back under the table to compete!???? No benefits though. We need the climate in this state to change with someone like Joe. We have Pat McDonough in Baltimore county but we need a Governor who backs him up.
If the political will in my state of Maryland could turn my son would have a future in this business. He could hire real Americans and use the year round pay system I devised for him. He is solo as there is just too many companies running illegals to compete for commercial work around here. Residential older customers still respect the laws of this country and are his best customer. However, I think you need commercial contracts as part of your mix to survive in drought times like we are experiencing now. We need the people of this country to believe that being a US citizen is worth something and stop giving it away to get a cheap lawn cut. IMO

Last edited by jeffex; 07-04-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Great post jeffex! I too hope, America wakes up.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We can all do our little part . Don't support business' that hire illegals. It is as simple as that. Don't buy good or services from business' that is complicit in attracting illegals by promoting jobs or support services to them. Defend the meaning of American citizen. It was given to me by birth and the lives of many who died to keep this country free. I respect them enough to have that mean something. My advertising includes ....Restore what it means to be a citizen of the USA and hire an American worker to cut your lawn. It is beginning to make a difference with customers now aware of the true cost to our States from illegals as budgets are carved to the bone. Again it is nice to see a new crop of business owners in the green industry realize this was a costly path in the long run to hire illegals. short run profits traded for the long tern degradation of American citizenship.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffex View Post
I'm pleasantly surprised to see the tide has turned on this site. I am active on the political side trying to get people elected that want America to be what it once was. I posted a thread that was taken down because it was critical of the Spanish speaking site new to this owners forum. I don't blame them for protecting their business but I wouldn't help any business that advanced the illegal immigration by offering jobs or supporting their criminal act of violating our immigration laws.
A decade ago on this site I was speaking to a deaf crowd about how illegals will cost America in the future. "There great workers" "their not drunks or druggies". fast forward to today and there are people asking my son for a job all the time. States are finding out just how much illegals cost them in social services and school costs. Many are now facing bankruptcy! I now many trades business' that are struggling do to competition from illegal labor. The one's that survive lay off their workers and then hire them back under the table to compete!???? No benefits though. We need the climate in this state to change with someone like Joe. We have Pat McDonough in Baltimore county but we need a Governor who backs him up.
If the political will in my state of Maryland could turn my son would have a future in this business. He could hire real Americans and use the year round pay system I devised for him. He is solo as there is just too many companies running illegals to compete for commercial work around here. Residential older customers still respect the laws of this country and are his best customer. However, I think you need commercial contracts as part of your mix to survive in drought times like we are experiencing now. We need the people of this country to believe that being a US citizen is worth something and stop giving it away to get a cheap lawn cut. IMO

Good Post. I agree with you 100 percent.
Closed Thread