Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-06-2010, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Member

We have been doing some small landscape jobs and for some reason a lot of hedge trimming....need rain bad though.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We're getting a break from our 100+ days down here with some rain and low 90's weather. The week I was gonna have to start skipping yards it started raining like crazy... thank goodness. I actually got rained out today. Hope you guys get a break real soon with some rain.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I can't believe I was still fighting tall growth last week and all of a sudden....no cuts for me until it rains again. I don't want to burn the grass out any worse. Luckily I have a day job and I usually line up as many landscape install jobs this time of year as possible. Tree planting, natural stone retaining wall, paver edging, etc. I kept putting stuff off until the grass stopped growing.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 07-06-2010, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am doing some tree removal and landscaping on a yard this week that will thankfully take up the rest of the week. After that I have no idea what I'm gonna do, but usually something will come along that will keep me busy. It's just annoying I got my mowers set at 4.5 inches right now. I mowed two weeks ago went around this morning to check my yards and I might cut MAYBE a 1/4 inch off the top.

Another thing I just thought of, I am contracted on a "if we need you we will call you" basis with a gated old folks community (GOLD MINE!) anyway I can always go there and talk to my connection(fiance's dad is maintenance head) about some extra work they need done on the grounds, and the old people ALWAYS need or have something to ***** about.

It was 115deg heat index of 130 here today when I went out for my second round of mulch/weeding. That was fun, 6:30 A.M. finish, here I come!