Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-06-2010, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreem3d View Post
Thanks for the replies...i currently own 4 skid steers and am liking the idea of a small walk behind track machine as long as it can dig and lift with reasonable productivity, i don't expect it to out work my fullsize machines, it also seems like a walkbehind version would be quite manuverable in small spaces
Steve
PS do all attachments interchange like full size skids?
All I see running around here are MT55's. I never see any Dingo's or DW's but this area is swamped with Bobcat brand tractors.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hands down by leaps and bounds the best track machine is the ditch witch sk650. Nothing else is even close. You MUST run one before you buy a different brand. I could talk about the machine for an hour, instead I will just say go demo one. And I saw a lightly used one the other day for 14k. New I think they are 26-28
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-06-2010, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
Hands down by leaps and bounds the best track machine is the ditch witch sk650. Nothing else is even close. You MUST run one before you buy a different brand. I could talk about the machine for an hour, instead I will just say go demo one. And I saw a lightly used one the other day for 14k. New I think they are 26-28
Posted via Mobile Device
i think i will do that..i was contacted by a rep today who saw my post..

STL Pond...what do you use to dig ponds in backyards?
steve
Old 07-06-2010, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's funny, that's how ditch witch got ahold of me also. They saw my post on lawnsite and called me out of the blue.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-07-2010, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Thanks for the replies...i currently own 4 skid steers and am liking the idea of a small walk behind track machine as long as it can dig and lift with reasonable productivity, i don't expect it to out work my fullsize machines, it also seems like a walkbehind version would be quite manuverable in small spaces
Steve
PS do all attachments interchange like full size skids?
OK, Allow me.

No not all attachments are interchangeable. Bobcat uses the bobtach mount plate, thus restricting you to only bobcat attachments.. Kanga and Gravely (only made a few) can have the old Kanga style mount plate, you need to question. You are looking for a mini-skid with a universal mount plate. Vermeer, DW, BOXER, and Dingo all use the universal mount plate.

I do business with cpecdirect.com. They have a ton of used mini-skids and they stand behind them with a fleet of 200 service techs across the US. They were offering 7000 off some new BOXERs. Diesels to be exact.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
This is what I tell people:

We have a local rental company that has like 5 or 6 locations in MD and VA.

They used to have Dingos and got rid of them. They were experiencing excessive, expensive mechanical problems after they get some hours on 'em.

They switched to Ditchwitch and have been content ever since......

What rental company was it in MD VA?
Old 07-07-2010, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
i think i will do that..i was contacted by a rep today who saw my post..

STL Pond...what do you use to dig ponds in backyards?
steve
Most of the time a shovel. If the job is big or I'm doing a patio/wall work I sub it out to my buddy which he uses a Bobcat 332E trackhoe or his T190. Most of the time I rent a MT55 to move base rock around and backfilling, but I work more than I need to since I'm cheap and a one man band for the most part. Although I'm pushing 40 and I need a diesel truck and a skiddy SOON!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlea View Post
OK, Allow me.

No not all attachments are interchangeable. Bobcat uses the bobtach mount plate, thus restricting you to only bobcat attachments.. Kanga and Gravely (only made a few) can have the old Kanga style mount plate, you need to question. You are looking for a mini-skid with a universal mount plate. Vermeer, DW, BOXER, and Dingo all use the universal mount plate.

I do business with cpecdirect.com. They have a ton of used mini-skids and they stand behind them with a fleet of 200 service techs across the US. They were offering 7000 off some new BOXERs. Diesels to be exact.
cpcdirect is a great company. I just bought a 425D and they were great to deal with. 7000 off was a great deal as well. One track had a deep cut in it when I took shipment. They sent a tech out with in a few days and replaced the track....no questions asked. Great company and a great machine.