Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2010, 06:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdconsoli View Post
Do you guys ever have a customer try to dictate when you mow? I understand it's their yard and I dont mean I should be able to show up when I want to and cut as much as I want to. I cut for a guy who told me in April that he wanted his yard cut every 10 days. Now all of a sudden it's hot out and now he wants it cut every 2 weeks. Now, I do not care a bit how often he wants his grass cut, that's up to him. But PLEASE. Pick one and stick with it!! Does anyone else have this problem? What do you do about it?

One more thing - what do you guys do about customers that don't pay? I don't use contracts so I cant go through court and the lady will not talk to me at all. I am out a total of about $325. Is there anything I can do about it?
I won't cut for anyone who want it less than once per week. The only customers I've ever had problems with as far as bad checks and what not were the bi-weekly ones when I started.

Here's another gem of advice, have all your customers prepay. Why whould you finance their property maintenance interest free?