Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-11-2010, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawncutting27 View Post
This might seem like a silly question fcpwllc, I'm not sure if I was reading between the lines or I missed something or, perhaps I just have pure water systems on the mind right now but, do you use DI Resin tanks or some such set up to make pure water to rinse vinyl siding?

I was wondering because you mentioned high volume rinse and water coming out of those DI tanks can be rather expensive especially if the water going in is poor quality.
No... we use tap water. The tank I refer to is our "buffer tank" on our trailer. I HAVE to use a tank even though we use customers water source. The "Buffer tank" is needed due to flow variations from the water source. Our machine has an 8 gpm pump. The source may not be providing sufficient flow to feed our pump. This can cause a cavitation and damage the pump. So we receive water from the source into a "buffer tank" and then draw from the tank. If the original source is flowing perhaps 7 gpm (-1gpm deficit) and we already have 100 gallons of "buffer", we will get 100 minutes of constant run time before having to stop and let the source catch up. Since, normally, we don't have constant open trigger, we usually can continue work without interuption. However, if the source is flowing say 10 gpm, the tank will overflow with excess. We have a float valve in the tank to shut off the source so water is not wasted.
Awesome Pressure Washing and Great Cleaning Service
Follow us on Facebook.. facebook.com/powerwash