Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-24-2010, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowHouston View Post
That Husqvarna RZ3016 that you're linking is a homeowner unit also. I don't recommend it for commercial use.
If he can't find the right used commercial mower using the Husqvarna Z-Turn part-time he should be able to get at least 3 seasons out it before it needs any major repairs then he can sell it.

Buying a used commercial mower truly is the best way to go but if the right one he needs does not come up for sale in a short time on Craigslist, Ebay or his local paper he may have no choice but to buy a residential mower.

Sometimes you can't always wait if you need to improve productivity and reduce fatigue now.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes you can get away with it I had to go with them due to 80 percent of my customers only have a walk threw gate so no chance of getting a 50 in there I went with the cub cadet RZT Bought 4 from our local dealer 42 inch and they hold up nice and speed up routes I think its more about how you take care of your stuff but they are pretty good mowers to me I would deff buy from a local dealer just in case you do have a problem you can get it fixed and just remember to take care of them
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-24-2010, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you everyone for all your help. Just a few things, I have a trailer, and a 21 inch self propelled mower to get thru gates. Would I be better off with a used commercial wide walk behind? If so how difficult are they to use, manuvere, cut,stripe,push? So I guess what I'm asking is, what are best small walk-behinds 33-42inch thanks.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Member

In my opinion if you have .33 to .55 lots and only 10-12 accounts you should just save your money the first year and use your 21 inch self propelled. I know its a PITA but you would save up all your money and buy a nice ZT the next year. I got a 48" WB b/c I thought it was the most versitle size. Like a butthole everyone has an opinion
Old 07-24-2010, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 32in husq walk behind, they are super easy to run and will fit through any gate and stripes amazing. You don't push them at all they move under their own power, you just steer with the handles. Anyway I really want a 36 though, that will get through just about any gate and if it doesn't I still have the 32.

48 is too big for me, couldn't get through gates and most of my yards are too small for something that size, the 32 is fantastic but a 36 would be perfect for me.

Just don't get caught daydreaming because they can and will get away from you and that's when panic sets in. Trust me they will **** up exterior walls and any kind of landscaping that is in it's path.

Last edited by bradseabridge; 07-24-2010 at 07:48 PM.