Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-24-2010, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Is this the same Bible camp where all those teenagers got hacked up by a screwed up priest after he got hopped up on gasoline and vicks vapo-rub?

It was a religous youth camp but there isn't anything left the church that owned it went broke or something happened some of the buildings got torched years ago. No road access anymore I think it has been cut off by the current developers (Indian band). I have never been there but have been told about it. Used to beable to get in there with a good 4x4 like a Jeep or a Toyota pickup a fullsize 4x4 like a 3/4 ton forget it won't make it. The place was a popular camping spot if you are really into roughing it but people made a mess so it is why its been closed off. No ammenities there and if you hurt yourself or something happens no way paramedics can get to you only by boat or air. Bears seem to be hanging around you definatly would want to carry a minimum of a .22 for some bear protection. It will scare them away beaning them in the head with a .22 bullet. Cougars (not old women) are another worry been a few of them around then you also have coyotes.

The access to any bush or trails is prohibbited right now with fire season none of the loggers are in the bush either.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Never heard of anyone being hacked up Ron
I was there during the easter long weekend in a built toyota 4x4 and had a trailer in tow, lots of old abandond buildings there, and in the old hall there is a low hour jcb back hoe with no glass of course, and old skidder and lots of other old machenery... Fresh oysters on the beach (all you can eat) no bears to be seen, you gotta live in the city to see bears around here and I don't see Ron having a problem with cougars regardless of how many legs they have...

Didn't know it was blocked for fire season though, maybe we could plan a trip in September, the road in there sure is a fun trail...
Old 07-24-2010, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
Never heard of anyone being hacked up Ron
I was there during the easter long weekend in a built toyota 4x4 and had a trailer in tow, lots of old abandond buildings there, and in the old hall there is a low hour jcb back hoe with no glass of course, and old skidder and lots of other old machenery... Fresh oysters on the beach (all you can eat) no bears to be seen, you gotta live in the city to see bears around here and I don't see Ron having a problem with cougars regardless of how many legs they have...

Didn't know it was blocked for fire season though, maybe we could plan a trip in September, the road in there sure is a fun trail...
The fire rating is at high risk you don't dare want to chance anything one spark and there is a good chance for a fire. Once you are in there your trapped. We are on total busning ban no camp fires nothing they are even leary of coleman stoves.

The bears are around now they are looking for food the berry season was bad this year.

For Ron I think he would just have to start waving his arms around and start screaming he could make a black bear start running it would be sasquatch running through the bush
Old 07-24-2010, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I just worked for a cougar this morning, she took a picture of me, she was damn cute looking.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 07-24-2010, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I just worked for a cougar this morning, she took a picture of me, she was damn cute looking.
Nothing wrong with cougars
Old 07-24-2010, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I hope you took one of her as well??

A.E.L

Land Clearing, Grinding services, Mulch Production, Excavating, Grading

Check out our new YouTube account!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI...YEpKMXUcrB1jBw
Old 07-24-2010, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_S_S View Post
Ron probably still has drippings in his beard
Old 07-25-2010, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_S_S View Post
Nah, I wasn't quick enough with the digicam, but Ralph got a good shot of her, he'll share it with me sometime later tonight I hope.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96