Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-02-2008, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Im sure someone has said it before but you dont honestly cut anything for 12 do you. How can you be undercut. Also I peronally think the logo doesnt fit this industry. Also people want to feel safe. It sounds like a red neck or someone similar. Go with a name that everyone can say it doenst sound weird. Jo Blow says " Who do you get your lawn care from" reply " Ohh Get R Cut" That doenst sound very good. Hope that helps.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YardPro View Post

first the name appeals to lower income middle class people that get into trailer park humor....sorry, but it is trueand they arent the ones who pay to have their lawn mowed

next $12.00/week????? that is a ridiculously low price you will NEVER have any decent business charging those pricesI missed that the first time, but OMG, $12.00? I'd hire you to do all mine for $12.00, then sit back and make money off you

you list home repairs, drywall, etc..... It comes across more as a handyman thatn a landscaper. comes across kind of desperate for work too

instead of being OK at a lot of things, become great at a few things. this will get you further in business.Well said. I know because I suck at a lot of things

i have been in this business for 18 years and we now do just over $1M/year... holy cow that's a lot. My wife doesn't believe that there is money to be made at this. So I make $37k a year at my regular job and another $10-$15 from my sweat
Almost makes me wish I had stayed part-time at my full time job, and gone full time with my side business.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Member

seems like forever since I posted that business name question. so last year I changed my name to restore america group, added on a business partner and started bidding them like I didnt need them.

Things actually went back up to 45 customers but I started slowly loosing customers and didnt know why. two customers one week, another this week etc. come to find out my business partner was doing cocaine/pills on job sites and pissing off my new customers.

got rid of him and changed it back to get r cut. HAHA I know. Now Im back down to 20 customers. This time by choice. I left the customers who want me to cut in the rain and than leave dirty voice mails for leaving tracks in their grass. and the customers who signed contracts stating a job was a set amount and tried to say it was lower once it comes time to pay. I'm doing three commercial accounts and 17 residential customers that are a breeze to cut and they like my name. I'm not looking to get rich off this anyways and I'm going to be me doing it. yes I am a bit redneck but I have nice equipment, a nice truck, wear cinta uniforms, take pride in my work and rarely seen without a chew in.

so what Ive learned... a name is something people take to heart when choosing a business. and don't do drugs
redmax edger
redmax krvb300
gridiron proslides
Old 07-26-2010, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well at least you learned half a lesson. NO PARTNERS/INVESTORS/CO-OWNERS ever!! Repeat whenever this starts to sound like a good idea or a quick way to expand your business. Still don't like the name though. Tampa is full of the "Git R Dun ______" fill in the blank contractor types. Every one is a redneck, lowball, scammer, POS type of operation. Just my .02
Old 07-26-2010, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I've seen worst!
Toro
STHIL
Shindawia
Western Salt Spreader
Billy Goat
Tomahawk

Minnesota certified pesticide applicator
NOT MY PRESIDENT!

Brotherhood 2000 plus fourteen