Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-02-2010, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Warranty Issue, please advise!!

Good Afternoon,

Recently our Wright ZK Stander fried a fuse box putting it out of commission. It was dropped off at Hickory International for repairs which were supposed to be under warranty.

This machine was purchased as a demo through Rick Manner (our THEN local sales rep). He never came back to issue a receipt. The machine had a pioneer outdoor equipment sticker on it, a company we have previously done a lot of business with. I called them, however they closed their doors.

So Hickory told me I had to pick the mower up or start paying storage fees forcing us to pay the 461.79 bill for the work done to the machine.

I called rich on every number he gave me in the past to try to get this rectified prior to paying/picking up this machine however all of his lines seems to be no longer his.

Please give me a number to get this situation rectified as this is a very frustrating experience. This is our for foray with a wright mower, and seeing how this issue was handled by hickory (of course not Wright as of yet) has been disheartening.

We run about 9 Hustler mowers and their response and customer service including dealers is absolutely impeccable so to run into this with a locally manufactured mower is frustrating to say the least.

Please advise!

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzer View Post
Good Afternoon,

Recently our Wright ZK Stander fried a fuse box putting it out of commission. It was dropped off at Hickory International for repairs which were supposed to be under warranty.

This machine was purchased as a demo through Rick Manner (our THEN local sales rep). He never came back to issue a receipt. The machine had a pioneer outdoor equipment sticker on it, a company we have previously done a lot of business with. I called them, however they closed their doors.

So Hickory told me I had to pick the mower up or start paying storage fees forcing us to pay the 461.79 bill for the work done to the machine.

I called rich on every number he gave me in the past to try to get this rectified prior to paying/picking up this machine however all of his lines seems to be no longer his.

Please give me a number to get this situation rectified as this is a very frustrating experience. This is our for foray with a wright mower, and seeing how this issue was handled by hickory (of course not Wright as of yet) has been disheartening.

We run about 9 Hustler mowers and their response and customer service including dealers is absolutely impeccable so to run into this with a locally manufactured mower is frustrating to say the least.

Please advise!

Thanks!
Good Morning Chris,

My sincerest apologies for the inconveniences this issue has caused you! Please contact us directly here so that we may better and more quickly help service you. I believe the timing on this plays a role as I think Rick was transitioning into a new position and distributorship when you may have tried contacting him. Feel free to call here and we'll get you squared away.

Best regards,

Wright Manufacturing Sales/Service Team
301-360-9810
Old 08-03-2010, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That would be great, thank you. Who do I need to speak with?

Thanks
Old 08-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzer View Post
That would be great, thank you. Who do I need to speak with?

Thanks
Hi Chris,

You can ask for Jillian in Sales...
Old 08-03-2010, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks, I will call tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A big thank you to Chris Sturtz for taking care of our issue in a very prompt and professional manner. The dealership contacted us and will be refunding our card.

Thanks again! I wish the front line did their job properly, but at least your company came through to rectify our issue!