Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-06-2010, 03:56 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Where do I go to get warranty service?

I am interested in HTD2530, but I need to find out where can I bring it in for repair. I live in San Jose area California.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I am very disappointed with Tanaka support. I email them twice to ask this question and no answer. I remember 3 years ago, they were very good in replying.

If you don't have dealer support, email technical support is very very important. If you don't answer and there is no dealer, why the hack people want to buy your product particular you are not any cheaper than the other big brands.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

No dealer support: This is exactly why Tanaka can not get a foothold here in the U.S.
I honestly can not believe they are even still in business. They have great machines, Just can not get any dealers to sell machines for them.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowingman View Post
No dealer support: This is exactly why Tanaka can not get a foothold here in the U.S.
I honestly can not believe they are even still in business. They have great machines, Just can not get any dealers to sell machines for them.
I don't even mind no dealer, but support is important. Like getting service, buying parts.

They used to respond very quick. Since they are with Hitachi, I think they change. I wrote them twice, no response, I write here, I don't think Mr. Tanaka is here!!!

Oh well, I'll check for another day or two, if not, then they loss a customer.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Pick up the phone and call their toll free number... Not sure, but that just might work.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

They do have a dealer locator on the website!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Unhappy No sales and no service

I have the same problem. I live in Ventura County Calif. and there are no Tanaka dealers around here. I used the "dealer locater" on the Tanaka website and each dealer that I called no longer sells nor services Tanaka products. I love my Tanaka weed trimmer and am now looking to purchase a chain saw but want something that can be serviced locally. If I can't get a Tanaka I might get another brand. I saw a Redmax saw that I really liked but had the same problem-no local sales and no service. Too bad....
Old 09-05-2010, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan0354 View Post
I am very disappointed with Tanaka support. I email them twice to ask this question and no answer. I remember 3 years ago, they were very good in replying.

If you don't have dealer support, email technical support is very very important. If you don't answer and there is no dealer, why the hack people want to buy your product particular you are not any cheaper than the other big brands.
Sorry to hear that as I have very good support from my dealer where I bought my TLE-600 edger.

It was running at half choke and called my dealer to verify that adjusting the screws should take care of it. He said it should but bring it in and they will take care of it as it was under warranty still and give it a good look over.