Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2000, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Member

I was looking into doing tree injections this year, very few arborists or landscapers do this in my area. I hold a pest. license in turf, would i have to take another exam for trees. Does anybody know where I can get info for dealers for injections. I live in Mass. Thanks for the help
Old 03-16-2000, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Member

EDL, I'm from SD. I'm not sure, but I am assuming that Mass. will have a seperate category for trees. Just check with an extension agent or wherever you got your turf pest app. (I'm sure you've already checked that out) As far as products go, I like the tree tech products. They are much easier to use than Mauget - in my opinion - I looked into the wedgle but the price for the injector and the chemicals looked high. If anybody uses the wedgle, I would be interested in hearing how they like it. foster
Old 03-16-2000, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Member

EDL, I'm from SD. I'm not sure, but I am assuming that Mass. will have a seperate category for trees. Just check with an extension agent or wherever you got your turf pest app. (I'm sure you've already checked that out) As far as products go, I like the tree tech products. They are much easier to use than Mauget - in my opinion - I looked into the wedgle but the price for the injector and the chemicals looked high. If anybody uses the wedgle, I would be interested in hearing how they like it. foster
Old 02-28-2003, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Foster,

Have you used the Tree Tech product Snippier? It is the gum tree deflowering agent. If you have used it how well does it work and would you recommend it? Also I would assume it is only good for 1 season. What are your thoughts?

Old 02-28-2003, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

EDL, I'm in MA
An applicators (core) license is ok as long as your not using restricted products. If you are, then yes, you will need to be certified in catagory 36 (ornamentals and shade trees)
Old 02-28-2003, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

In the state of Kansas you have to take a seperate test to spray shrubs and trees. It's a seperate sub-category in the same category as "turf pest control". Even though you have to take a seperate exam, you don't have to pay any extra fees. Your state could be different.

MATT

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 02-28-2003, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Mauget tree injection

In Florida when I took the cert course for tree injection you had to have a L&O license to inject pesticides but not fertilizer. Most trees grow slow therefore response is slow. Tree injection has its place. Response is much faster. I have saved many trees with tree injection.

There are two popular forms Micro and Macro. The above website is for Micro injection system and I would recommend it. I have also used these products on Shrubs by injecting with a needle. ( for those Four Eyed members who are not of the Secular world that is a "Rig with a fit" in Street talk)

Bottom line is Injection can help stressed plants, but is not Good for everyday use.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.