Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-27-2003, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Sample Contracts

Does anyone have some sample contracts they are willing to share with me? I am trying to get all my customers to sign a contract with 12 month billing to help my cash flow problems. Anything you guys have would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

AGREEMENT FOR LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE

YOUR COMPANY covenants and agrees with ________________________________ of ______________________________
phone __________________ for a period of ____ months, from the ____ day of __________, 20__, to the ____ day of ___________, 20__.

LAWN AND LANDSCAPE SERVICE:
Lawn service to be on a weekly basis for the months of April, May, June, July, August, September, and October and on a bi-weekly basis for the months of March and November.
Your service will be scheduled on ____________ of each week. In the event of inclement weather the service will be scheduled for the next available day. Lawn service will include mowing all turf areas, trimming all turf areas inaccessible to mower with a line trimmer, edging all walks and driveways, and power sweeping the resulting clippings with a power blower. The cost of this service will be: _____ per month.
ADDITIONAL SERVICESoptional)
Fertilization of turf shall be in three applications during the growing season: early spring, early fall, and late fall. Small tree, and shrub fertilization shall be done once in the spring to promote root growth and overall vigor. The cost of this optional service would be: _____ per year, with weed control included.
All shrubs and ground cover shall be trimmed as necessary to maintain a neat appearance. The cost of this optional service would be: _____ per trim.
Any or all other services the client wants shall be added to the monthís bill in which they are performed. (i.e. spring/fall clean-up, aerating, de-thatching, light landscaping, etc.)
TERMS:
___________________________ agrees that the cost for the above service is ______ per month. A statement will be mailed to the client at the beginning of each service month. Payments are due upon receipt of monthly statement or no later than the 10th of each service month. If payments are not received by the 10th of each service month the contractor may impose a $10.00 late fee, withhold service, or upon written notice, cancel service. In event of default the client agrees to reimburse Precision Lawn & Landscape all administrative costs, collection costs, attorney fees, recording fees and/or court costs. Client further agrees to pay a $20.00 fee for each check returned from the bank for any reason pertaining to the client. Either party, upon 14 days written notice may terminate this agreement before the termination date. This agreement shall be binding on the parties and on their successors, legal representatives and assigns. Executed at YOUR CITY STATE on the date first above written.

Contractor________________________________

Client____________________________________

This ____ Day Of ____________, 20___

P.S. Make sure you explain to your customers that the 12 month billing cycle is to their benefit. Say something like "We use this 12 month Billing cycle for your (the customer) benefit, Rather than have you (the customer) pay xx amount of dollars per month, we break it up so you only have to pay xx dollars per month"
Understand this now. most of my accounts (maybe 80%) opt for this agreement. Keep in mind this is my first year in business. Most people on here said I would be lucky to get 10 accounts my first year (which could be true) but in my case I have quadrupled that!
Good luck!
Old 02-27-2003, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Minus The Smiley!

I have noidea how the smiley got in there. I would probablly not pu tthat in your service agreement.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Get this book from Books a Million or Barnes and Noble or Amazon.com , its called "Lawn Care & Gardening , a down-to-earth guide to the business." By Kevin Rossi. It contains sample contracts which the author allows anyone to copy and use.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I service an attorneys home and he had one drawn up for me,It's extremely professional, if you will email me your fax, I'll send it to you! affinitylawns@aol.com
Old 02-27-2003, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info everyone, it is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Member

I decided to post mine. I have had lots of requests. The alignment may not be perfect, but here it is...
Landscape Maintenance Agreement

AGREEMENT entered into this day between LANDSCAPING FIRM and _____________ for the purpose stated herein and on the following terms and conditions:
1: Landscaping Firm:

Name of Business
(address)
(City, State Zip)
Tel. 662-000-0000

2: Customer's Name
Address
Address

Phone

3: Purpose & Scope of Agreement
(a) LANDSCAPING FIRM is in the business of landscape installation and grounds and landscape management.

(b) _________________________ is located at 4982 Street in Memphis, TN.

(c) LANDSCAPING FIRM proposes to maintain ______________________íS grounds and landscape installation on an on-going and regular basis.

(d) This agreement covers the following services to be performed by LANDSCAPING FIRM:

Three (3) applications of fertilizer per year.
Weekly trash and debris removal.
Weekly mowing, edging, weed eating that includes clearing sidewalks and drive ways of grass clippings during Spring through Fall and as needed during the Winter.
Weekly weed removal
Trimming hedges and flowering trees and shrubs.
Leave removal

(e) The services of LANDSCAPING FIRM shall be performed on a regular and year round basis.

(f) Additional services by LANDSCAPING FIRM, such as new landscape installation, to which the parties may agree, shall be performed by LANDSCAPING FIRM for compensation and expenses to be agreed between the parties.

4. Compensation
___________________________ shall pay LANDSCAPING FIRM on a monthly basis the following sum for the services performed upon receipt of a monthly invoice, to be billed in arrears at the end of each month:
$00.00
Initial Clean Up in the amount of $00.00 shall be included in the first monthís bill. All payments shall be made by check payable to LANDSCAPING FIRM and shall be mailed to LANDSCAPING FIRM within 15 days from receipt.

5. Term of Agreement
Services of FIRM under this agreement shall commence on the following date:
This agreement shall terminate automatically twelve months after commencement date unless renewed in writing prior to expiration.
6. Default
A defaulting party shall be liable to pay reasonable legal fees and costs to the other party.

Date: .........................................................
LANDSCAPING FIRM ___________________________
By: By:
_____________________________ _______________________________
Name Name